Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monagirl1

Reaction score
But first .. hello everyone ..
Thank you to whoever put this on the web .. not to mention that I actually found it ..

Okay .. I would really appreciate some help .. I am actually a designer and was employed by someone to build a nail concept .. this has now been adopted by a department store and I came as part of the deal. I know a lot about it and I do stuff for myself and friends .. but I am not trained (nor will I be working as a manicurist) .. but I do need to buy everything, hire people, prices etc etc etc .. most I can do .. but if there is anyone (or all) that would like to help me .. I really would appreciate all the advice I can get..

q1 .. I had air brushing once (french) .. but I thought the results and staying power was great) .. to my best recollection it was on my natural nails not on false ones .. but everywhere I see on the net is just the false ones .. I am mistaken .. is it only for artificial nails? is it hard to do/difficult to learn?

q2 .. Sterilization .. Is there a huge advantage to the high temperature machines or the old fashioned throw in a bottle is just as good?

Any other help would be welcomed!
Hope to hear from someone
Mona x

monagirl1 said:
q1 .. I had air brushing once (french) .. but I thought the results and staying power was great) .. to my best recollection it was on my natural nails not on false ones .. but everywhere I see on the net is just the false ones .. I am mistaken .. is it only for artificial nails? is it hard to do/difficult to learn?
you can airbrush on natural or enhanced nails; staying power of the 'look' will depend on how well the nail was prepared in the first place. Natural nails need the natural oils removed to give a squeaky clean base for the colour to 'stick'. Enhanced nails (false nails are what you buy in Boots:) ) still need oils removing but colour will last longer because you are airbrushing a plastic coating!! To become a professional at any nail enhancement service, good training is required and then plenty of practice! Airbrushing is no different and courses can last up to 3/4 days.

q2 .. Sterilization .. Is there a huge advantage to the high temperature machines or the old fashioned throw in a bottle is just as good?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'old fashioned throw in a bottle'. Disinfecting and Sanitising is exceptionally important within our industry however using autoclaves etc is not! We are not performing surgery here!:) Doug Schoon's book covers all this information. Use the Search button and type in Doug's name - this will bring up book info for you!! HTH's;)

Latest posts

Back