Advising cust:Gel/Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALEX

This may b a dumb thread but find that I contadict myself when describing the differences between the finished gel and acrylic nails.

I have been doing acrylics for way over a year now and noticed alot of my customers wanted to know more about gels, therefore prompting me to do a course. I am not offering the gels as a service yet (need more practice) but within a month would like to. However alot of customers want me to tell them if they would be better suited to gel nails over acrylic? I find my customer looks at me to know what is better for them and at the moment im a bit baffeld.
Customers tend to think they look more natural but I think both systems can create very natural looking nails. Then I hav heard acrylic is stronger but some ladies with gels say they never have a breakage! I have also been told that gel nail can go longer between fills but I would of thought that was just down to individual nat nail growth.
(If it helps in answering I am not using the soak off gel)

Insead of giving the customer pros and cons should I suggest both are good systems and its down to the individuals personal choice?

ALEX said:
This may b a dumb thread but find that I contadict myself when describing the differences between the finished gel and acrylic nails.

I have been doing acrylics for way over a year now and noticed alot of my customers wanted to know more about gels, therefore prompting me to do a course. I am not offering the gels as a service yet (need more practice) but within a month would like to. However alot of customers want me to tell them if they would be better suited to gel nails over acrylic? I find my customer looks at me to know what is better for them and at the moment im a bit baffeld.
Customers tend to think they look more natural but I think both systems can create very natural looking nails. Then I hav heard acrylic is stronger but some ladies with gels say they never have a breakage! I have also been told that gel nail can go longer between fills but I would of thought that was just down to individual nat nail growth.
(If it helps in answering I am not using the soak off gel)

Insead of giving the customer pros and cons should I suggest both are good systems and its down to the individuals personal choice?

Hi there

i really think youve answered your own question there, and i agree. I think its great to offer different systems because as L+P is not suitable everyone neither is gel. They are both very good on the right client. Some clients with a thin nail bed find the heat sensation under the lamp uncomfortable. Dont forget you can combine the two together to, eg if a client loves her L+P but wants the more glossy look of gel you can seal the top with your sealer gel.
Just a thought, HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back