Aero promotion - Do you have to have a business account?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
After waiting for over a month I finally received my cheque for my aero vouchers - in my business name :evil:

I VERY clearly stated on my invoice that all cheques should be payable to myself and they have just decided to do what they like apparently. Ironically they have also spelt my business name wrong too.

Anyway just double checking that I don't have to have a business account to be part of this promotion do I? Has anyone else received cheques in their own name and is this just a very annoying mistake.

Thanks
Amy

haven't sent mine off yet, but can see this happening for me too as I haven't got a biz account its in my own name.

i'd just open a business account. Its free for the first year at most banks anyway.

Kate

There is nothing in the world that says you have to have a bank account at all, I would write to them and tell them they have made a mistake and need to rectify it asap, that you expect them to issue you with a new cheque in your name and that as soon as you have this you will return the wrongly named cheque to them.

Hiya - I asked to have my own name on the cheque as I don't have a business account either and they sent through a cheque all done correctly. Just call them up and explain the situation, i'm sure they will just say ask you to return the cheque and they'll send out a new one.

:irked: I also received the chq in my business name, I do have a business acc. but they do charge for putting chq in. I would phone them back and say, but its taken nearly six weeks for payment to come. Do I take the chance??:eek:

I'm sending mine off tomorrow and it asks for an invoice. I have written the date of the client's treatment, the clients name, my name and the biz name on each voucher.

What do I have to put in the invoice apart from total amount? do I need to repeat the individual dates, etc, etc.

Hi

I also asked for my cheques to be in my own name as I do not have a business bank account and they have come through in my business name.

I cant really afford to wait another six weeks for them to re issue a new cheque etc...

Its a shame as the rest of the promotion has been really good.

Lisa

Hi

I also asked for my cheques to be in my own name as I do not have a business bank account and they have come through in my business name.

I cant really afford to wait another six weeks for them to re issue a new cheque etc...

Its a shame as the rest of the promotion has been really good.

Lisa

I am with you on this one. Had loads of calls about it.
I was so excited to finally get my cheque and when I saw it in the wrong name it was really dissapointing.
They asked me to return the cheque and said they would make sure it was dealt with quickly however they just wanted me to send it to the normal address so don't see how thats going to happen :irked:.
I had to send back some more vouchers so posted them back at the same time and I changed the bit at the bottom of my invoice which said Please make all cheques payable to [My Name] to size 22 font! LOL :lol:

Latest posts

Back