Aesthetic procedures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockChick1978

Nail Geek since 1997
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm trained in nails (since 1997) and more recently massage.

What I'd really like to do is move into Botox, lip fillers etc. I understand that the regulations have changed and you need additional training. I've been trying to find information on the internet but haven't been able to find what I need.

Do I now need to train as an RGN to get into this?

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this, and thanks in advance!

Hello,
I’m doing botox and dermal fillers, do you have nvq in beauty?

No I don't have any beauty qualifications as yet...

I’m after the same info. Everyone on here saying ‘oh there’s not point’ ‘it’s due to change’

Well when is it? And who do I find that info from??

People don’t like competition so eliminating it

I have nvq if 10+ years I already have a legit premises to do from.

I’ve found a course in Manchester I’m thinking of training with

I want to do full face filler and Botox and rhinoplasty too

I was hoping to do a botox cpurse, Im on the same register (HCPC) as paramedics, and companies will train paramedics so Ive been trying to get it too. But theyve been telling me I need injection experience, which is why they often train nurses etc. Ive been in dermatology for yrs as a medical scientist, yet I cannot find anyone to train me. :(

It’s something I desperately want to get into. I think nurses have signed petitions to stop beauty therapists from training.
As Natalie said, even if we do the course and the law changes, at least we can do our own fillers on ourselves!

Latest posts

Back