Aesthetics training

Marmar113647

Hey, looking for advice on how to get into aesthetics. I have a level 2 in beauty and a level 3 in nails. I have looked at uni courses and private courses I just don’t know where to start!
In the future, I would like my own business performing aesthetics such as fillers and Botox!

ConnieH

Hi, I looked in to this also. As far as I found the only way to successfully be able to perform botox and fillers without having to rely on loopholes in legislations is by becoming a nurse. Botox and hyaluronidaise which dissolves filler in cases of occlusions are prescription only so you would then need to complete a v300 prescribers course to be able to access and use these products yourself. Someone else may have another solution, this was just my findings but it does look like now the only way to legitimately get into aesthetics is by having a medical background. X

Marmar113647

Hey, thankyou! I have just taken a look into this. Do u have any idea if I was too Train to be a aesthetics practitioner ( performing Aesthetic Technologies in hair removal and Skin Rejuvenation and chemical peels) which from what I can see is a 3- 5 year uni course. Would I then be able to do the v300 prescribers course u mentioned? And then private courses in fillers? Or could I only do this if I was to do a nursing degree? thanks

ConnieH

Hey, thankyou! I have just taken a look into this. Do u have any idea if I was too Train to be a aesthetics practitioner ( performing Aesthetic Technologies in hair removal and Skin Rejuvenation and chemical peels) which from what I can see is a 3- 5 year uni course. Would I then be able to do the v300 prescribers course u mentioned? And then private courses in fillers? Or could I only do this if I was to do a nursing degree? thanks
As far as I’m aware the v300 is for medical practitioners only and there’s a lot of criteria that has to be met for taking the training. Someone else may be able to advise an alternative route but as far as I know it’s 3 years to become a nurse and then up to another 3 years of practicing as a nurse before being able to prescribe. There’s no fast route in to it I’m afraid x

Marmar113647

I see! Thanks a lot, helped me out massively! X

ConnieH