Aesthetics training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marmar113647

Reaction score
Hey, looking for advice on how to get into aesthetics. I have a level 2 in beauty and a level 3 in nails. I have looked at uni courses and private courses I just don’t know where to start!
In the future, I would like my own business performing aesthetics such as fillers and Botox!

Hi, I looked in to this also. As far as I found the only way to successfully be able to perform botox and fillers without having to rely on loopholes in legislations is by becoming a nurse. Botox and hyaluronidaise which dissolves filler in cases of occlusions are prescription only so you would then need to complete a v300 prescribers course to be able to access and use these products yourself. Someone else may have another solution, this was just my findings but it does look like now the only way to legitimately get into aesthetics is by having a medical background. X

Hey, thankyou! I have just taken a look into this. Do u have any idea if I was too Train to be a aesthetics practitioner ( performing Aesthetic Technologies in hair removal and Skin Rejuvenation and chemical peels) which from what I can see is a 3- 5 year uni course. Would I then be able to do the v300 prescribers course u mentioned? And then private courses in fillers? Or could I only do this if I was to do a nursing degree? thanks

Hey, thankyou! I have just taken a look into this. Do u have any idea if I was too Train to be a aesthetics practitioner ( performing Aesthetic Technologies in hair removal and Skin Rejuvenation and chemical peels) which from what I can see is a 3- 5 year uni course. Would I then be able to do the v300 prescribers course u mentioned? And then private courses in fillers? Or could I only do this if I was to do a nursing degree? thanks
As far as I’m aware the v300 is for medical practitioners only and there’s a lot of criteria that has to be met for taking the training. Someone else may be able to advise an alternative route but as far as I know it’s 3 years to become a nurse and then up to another 3 years of practicing as a nurse before being able to prescribe. There’s no fast route in to it I’m afraid x

I see! Thanks a lot, helped me out massively! X

I have been able to train in this field by completing level 3 beauty. Fully certified and accredited

You can train in botox & fillers without being a medic. You need to be at least level 3 in beauty.
Botox doesn’t need to be given by a prescriber, you need a prescriber to prescribe for your clients. If you look online you will find loads of academy’s that train in these from foundation to advanced.
Things in the industry keep changing and I think it’s a up to you how you feel about working as a non medic, most medics look down on non medics in this industry but that’s another issue lol.
There are lots of non medic aesthetics groups on fb that give true honest advice so do a bit of research and see how you feel about it x

I have level 4 advanced beauty treatments and it covers peels, laser hair removal IPL skin rejuvenate, skin needling, meso therapy, hair rejuvenation and advanced epilation. This course is run at a normal college. I found it helpful to get used to needles.
You can’t get into uni for nursing with this course, you need to do an access to nursing course if you’ve not got the right GCSEs or been out of education for a long time but you still need maths & English GCSEs to get into nursing.
You can do botox and fillers after doing level 4 in beauty.
The V300 is for when you’ve done your nursing degree and worked in the field which you want to work in for 1 year Iv been told but I have seen Harley street now selling them.
You can work with a prescriber and only be level 3 trained.
If you have a passion and skill for this then train in it but it’s a constant learning career. I know people that have been in the industry for years and Are always learning.
It’s never going to be one course and you’re set up so you have to invest in yourself.

The v300 is only for medical professionals, you can train in Aesthetics ie Anti Wrinkle and Dermal Fillers without medical qualification however there are Prerequisites, of which are very sketchy information, we train in Aesthetics and we train medics and non-medics, Beauty Therapists at VTCT level or equivalent with minimum experience of 6 months and a few other people who have experience in Micro-needling, Microblading, Tattooists etc.. it really boils down to gaining the correct insurance and reading through the course modules thoroughly, the best thing to do if you are interested in a Career of Aesthetics is to call up a few Insurance companies and check whether you are insurable, we tell all of our delegates that are non-medics to check their pre-qualifications with insurance companies, before enrolling on our courses.

regarding prescriber, you would need to find an Aesthetics Prescriber who would be willing to prescribe for your clients, there are lots of prescribers about, they charge per prescription (obviously because of the consultation time)

I have been able to train in this field by completing level 3 beauty. Fully certified and accredited

Hi Pinklea2210 who did you insure with ?

Latest posts

Back