Affinage colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitty78

Reaction score
I've never used them so was wondering what people who have used them thought of them. I'm going to be going mobile soon so don't have to be tied to any particular colour brand. The b reds look good and in the infiniti range the variety of colours look gorgeous. Any info would help :green: I will be using wella too as i know that inside out and upside down!

I've never used them so was wondering what people who have used them thought of them. I'm going to be going mobile soon so don't have to be tied to any particular colour brand. The b reds look good and in the infiniti range the variety of colours look gorgeous. Any info would help :green: I will be using wella too as i know that inside out and upside down!

They are brilliant, best coverage on grey I've ever used. I've just gone back to them. If you go to their website you can download lots of education, colour chart etc, and their tech team are good to.

Hth xx

I've already read all the downloads :) The coffee selection look very appealing to me, and the pre pig looks great. Think i shall give them a go.

Hi

We've just started using affinage in the salon, the technical support is really good and I am just getting my head round the colour results, love the mixture, great to apply, but would like to ask fusion how she gets good grey coverage, as I find they don't cover unless I add loads of .01 to the colour, I do however prefer them to koleston which I've used for 20yrs

Hi

We've just started using affinage in the salon, the technical support is really good and I am just getting my head round the colour results, love the mixture, great to apply, but would like to ask fusion how she gets good grey coverage, as I find they don't cover unless I add loads of .01 to the colour, I do however prefer them to koleston which I've used for 20yrs
How are they better to koleston? i know that you need to use .01 to cover grey. how do you find the reds? is it a predictable colour?

The b-reds are really good, used them quite a lot, lovely results, havent used the normal reds very much but the 6.66 is lovely so hoping the others are as good, I prefer the mixture to koleston-no lumps at all, and the tubes are so big they go on for ever! Always found the koleston base tones had a green tinge, the affinage are warmer colours, but as we've only been using these for 2 months would like to know other opinions.

Hi

If the client has more than 70% grey I take it one shade darker than required shade, they say if less use one shade lighter but I've never done that. I've found base 7-9 is when I've needed to added.01, my hair is stubborn and fades quicker, but Affinage stands up to the job

I've already read all the downloads :) The coffee selection look very appealing to me, and the pre pig looks great. Think i shall give them a go.

Love the coffee shop range, used it lots and lots!

After a major mishap with my hair (one if the students at the college, using wella) she was trying to add fine slices of 7.17 & 12.89 to my base 4/5 hair but it didn't go well so yesterday I used my products (affinage) to go 5.0 all over. Converted it to quasi and i have to say, knowing my own hair, I was very pleased with the result. It's a very warm 4/5 (nearer the 5.036 coffe shop colour) which is exactly what I wanted-I don't look like Tony the tiger anymore, hair feels great and smells fab.

I'm just about to go on their colour training days-such a bargain, only about £20 ish.

I  Affinage
X

After a major mishap with my hair (one if the students at the college, using wella) she was trying to add fine slices of 7.17 & 12.89 to my base 4/5 hair but it didn't go well so yesterday I used my products (affinage) to go 5.0 all over. Converted it to quasi and i have to say, knowing my own hair, I was very pleased with the result. It's a very warm 4/5 (nearer the 5.036 coffe shop colour) which is exactly what I wanted-I don't look like Tony the tiger anymore, hair feels great and smells fab.

I'm just about to go on their colour training days-such a bargain, only about £20 ish.

I  Affinage
X

Hi where are you doing the training day? I did one about 7 years ago with their top man Alan, who owns a salon near me, which was a double bonus as started to get me hair done their. He's now left Affinage and I no longer go to the salon as it was a bit to far. When I spoke to Affinage they told me to speak to my wholesaler who wasn't much help x

Think we're going to a session in either the Southampton office, or somewhere in Sussex. I know our wholesaler in Brighton is going to do drop in training days with the trainer.
Hth.
X

I use affinage and their coffee shop collection is very popular with my clients. It comes up gorgeous and looks so glossy! Xx

Think we're going to a session in either the Southampton office, or somewhere in Sussex. I know our wholesaler in Brighton is going to do drop in training days with the trainer.
Hth.
X

Thank you x

I  Affinage
X

By way how did u convert it to quasi?

They have a product called converter. You mix it with the permanent range, 1 part colour to 2 parts converter. I hear there is another brand that you can do this with too but I cant remember which one.
X

Fuzion,
I'm glad you said that you don't go lighter if less than 70% White, as I have been finding that when sticking to the 70% rule and going 1 shade lighter is less than 70% White the result has been the colour I put on- too light! so thanks for clearing that up for me, great
Xxx

They have a product called converter. You mix it with the permanent range, 1 part colour to 2 parts converter. I hear there is another brand that you can do this with too but I cant remember which one.
X

Ah yes I've read about that, Rusk are the others that do it x

great colours and cover well my only problem i find is the base shades throw out alot off gold but thats my opinion use the coffee shop an awfull lot 8035 is amazing :)

So would it be best to put a bit of ash mixtone in with the base? Do you all deal direct with Affinage or through a wholesalers?

I swear by affinage and I will be only using their complete range in my salon. If you ever need product knowledge or advice it's always given freely.

Latest posts

Back