Affinage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supergirl360

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m wondering if you will be able to help. I had a lady contact me who wants to go from pic 1 pastle purple to pic 2 blue silver. What do you recommend that I should do. Do you think bleach bath/ colour erase or colour straight over with 10.21 and add a bit of .7?

Attachments

• 2C7EE6C6-BAC2-46DA-959C-18F73DDD6A45.jpeg
    2C7EE6C6-BAC2-46DA-959C-18F73DDD6A45.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 407C35C1-CC20-4C81-80FF-31A900692311.jpeg
    407C35C1-CC20-4C81-80FF-31A900692311.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 25
You need to see the hair and find out what products she’s used first and what sort of condition it’s in, porosity etc. If she is a pastel blue, I’m guessing she had to lift it to a 10 first before toning, so it could be potentially quite damaged.

If she’s used a direct dye, you need a direct dye remover. Bleach can push the molecules further into the cuticle layer and permanently stain it.
Also, you can’t use a colour reducer on direct dye colours.

I prefer to use direct dyes mixed with conditioner for pastel colours rather than tint especially if it’s dry and damaged and the client likes to chop and change.

Hi guys I’m wondering if you will be able to help. I had a lady contact me who wants to go from pic 1 pastle purple to pic 2 blue silver. What do you recommend that I should do. Do you think bleach bath/ colour erase or colour straight over with 10.21 and add a bit of .7?
I'd go with what @AcidPerm said, her hair looks very uneven in the picture. If you applied a colour straight over the top of that, you'll still have an uneven result at the end of it.

Good point guys, thanks that really helpful. She also wants Microloop extensions in it as well. But I said to her she ideally wants at least 6 inches of length on there for it to look as natural as possible. I think I need to achieve the colour first before putting the loops in. And do this a few days before as I would like to use a clarifying shampoo at least on the roots so the extensions don’t slip

Latest posts

Back