Affinage toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rac__hel

Reaction score
Hi geeks just wanting some toner help
Say you have a 3 level client who wants to be a caramel 6 level in foils
Roots come up a yellow 8/9
Ends lift to a warm 7
I know what I'd tone the ends with
But what would you tone the roots with to make a 6 to match the ends?

Why have the roots come up so light compared to the mids what did you use? X

Natural level 7 vs a 3 on ends..
10vol on roots 30 on ends

What are you using to tone the ends? X

Depending on how warm they come up.. 6.117 or 6.1 I want it a soft caramel not a orange

Dont use 6.117 by itself over orange it will go murky silver colour. Mix a little, maybe 1/4 of 6.117 to perhaps a 6.24 to give just a to keep some of that that warmth for that caramel colour. 6.117 is good for mixing into colours to give it a really cool tone. I have used it mixed with level 6's to cool down a warm base.

Dont use 6.117 by itself over orange it will go murky silver colour. Mix a little, maybe 1/4 of 6.117 to perhaps a 6.24 to give just a to keep some of that that warmth for that caramel colour. 6.117 is good for mixing into colours to give it a really cool tone. I have used it mixed with level 6's to cool down a warm base.

Sooooo what would u use on the roots???

Depending on how warm they come up.. 6.117 or 6.1 I want it a soft caramel not a orange

Sorry Rachel I totally didn't look that your talking about affinage I don't have a clue with affinage lol x

Sorry Rachel I totally didn't look that your talking about affinage I don't have a clue with affinage lol x

Iol that's okay.. There toners suck might have to go back to redken to tone

Well it should cover both the roots and ends evenly as it is a base 6. Affinage toners are great if you know how to use them :S though why you are lifting to a yellow to tone back down to a base 6 is beyond me.

Well it should cover both the roots and ends evenly as it is a base 6. Affinage toners are great if you know how to use them :S why you are lifting to a yellow to tone back down to a base 6 is beyond me.

If she is a light roots naturally and the lowest volume you can use is 10vol which will lift it to a 8/9 what else would u use??

If she is a light roots naturally and the lowest volume you can use is 10vol which will lift it to a 8/9 what else would u use??

Faerififi is right!
I was going to say to you about the lifting, if you was aiming for caramels level 6s or 7s you should of only lifted to them to red/orange or orange
think of your lightning curve and the levels you should be lifting to, to used the correct toners.
what natural base was your client? And did she have a regrowth? X

Faerififi is right!
I was going to say to you about the lifting, if you was aiming for caramels level 6s or 7s you should of only lifted to them to red/orange or orange
think of your lightning curve and the levels you should be lifting to, to used the correct toners.
what natural base was your client? And did she have a regrowth? X

And yes lol that was the whole point she has a natural ashy 7 level with about 1 cm of regworth but wants to be lighter all over in foils

And yes lol that was the whole point she has a natural ashy 7 level with about 1 cm of regworth but wants to be lighter all over in foils

You should of not touched the root then just lifted mids and ends to a level 7 I think you will struggle to get a even result just using a toner now x

You should of not touched the root then just lifted mids and ends to a level 7 I think you will struggle to get a even result just using a toner now x
I haven't done it yet. So how do u do foils with leaving a manky re-growth?? Ill be doing a 4 level on he nautral 7 in between all the foils

To be honest i think i would use a colour remover or bleach bath on the base 3 areas first then go in and foil with the level 6 then flood with base 4 inbetween. I would think that might give more even results, because I can just imagine the highlights looking like a rainbow of yellow and orange, and being a pain to tone evenly.

Latest posts

Back