Afro Caribbean hair course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Successful24

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm looking into doing an afro caribbean course in the East midlands UK but im having no luck 😔 the college i did my level 3 training "got rid of the course to lack of interest"😕 shame really..

So now i don't know where to look..I would like to also shadow a hairdresser who has an experience in afro hair.
My aim is to be qualified to then be insured to do the work.
Anyone has any Ideas on how to go about it. Thanks 😊

Last edited:
Hi I'm Afro trained have you asked in a Afro salon if they know of any local training places ? Be aware that a lot of the Afro extension work might not be covered in the course as this is something that many Afro stylist learn from home / friends ect. The course I did covered cutting , colouring , relaxing , setting , steam treatments & Afro perming. If you can plait hair , cornrow this is a bonus . I can't help you on knowing any training courses in your area as I'm in London. Good luck though

Where about in the midlands are you ?

Hi I'm Afro trained have you asked in a Afro salon if they know of any local training places ? Be aware that a lot of the Afro extension work might not be covered in the course as this is something that many Afro stylist learn from home / friends ect. The course I did covered cutting , colouring , relaxing , setting , steam treatments & Afro perming. If you can plait hair , cornrow this is a bonus . I can't help you on knowing any training courses in your area as I'm in London. Good luck though

leicestershire, i see so many course for this in the London area but its getting there and cost is alot more down south

I found this if any good?? It's in Leicester View attachment 53746

Oh i came across this. My concern was they arent well known so im not sure what there standard of training is. Im gunna check them out monday to see what there about. Im also of thinking of volunteering to work in some afro hair salons to get some 1st hand experience of working with afro hair.

Thank littlemissm for your help😊

Latest posts

Back