After acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
I have a new client today who wants to remove her acrylic and go back to Shellac. I'm thinking that maybe her nails will be quite thin after removal as she has been going to a NSS. I have offered to remove them as I would rather it be done gently and not let them drill it off.
I am planning to use IBX to help restore them and I'm wondering if I should put a layer of Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel on before the Shellac as I'm sure that will be thin and just Shellac may not be enough.
Any thoughts ??

Sure, why not? But wait and see what you're dealing with.

Technically should be possible but in my experience nails fresh from NSS are paper thin and the shellac will probably chip quickly BUT no good guessing, you'll be able to tell soon enough. If it turns out to be the case tho I'd do 6-7 IBX treatments and keep the nails short before applying Shellac

Also depending what they have been applying to her nail you may or may not be able to remove it! if you can't, try and file it as thin as possible leaving a thin layer, as you would with a hard gel, and then you should be able to apply Shellac without any problem.

Thanks for the advice ladies!
As it turned out the acrylic was nice a thin and soaked off without too much trouble. Although the nail plate had ridges etched in from the use of a drill, some more than others and all the way up the nail plate.
The nails were not thin as I had expected and my client said she did have normally good nails. So why do these people go and get acrylic at these NSS salons??? Just don't get it!
I actually applied Bio Sculpture Gel in the end as this evened out the ridges better. We will move on to Shellac as ridges grow out.
She was very happy and her daughter is coming in next week to have hers removed also.

Lovely happy ending! Two converted now the remaining hundred thousands... Eeeeek

Latest posts

Back