After Care Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanyamoniq

Reaction score
I was wondering if you all would share some of the after care advice you give to your clients. I am hoping to be in a shop soon and would like to offer my clients a good set of nails as well as the knowledge to keep them that way!! Thank you so much!!!

tanyamoniq said:
I was wondering if you all would share some of the after care advice you give to your clients. I am hoping to be in a shop soon and would like to offer my clients a good set of nails as well as the knowledge to keep them that way!! Thank you so much!!!

apply oil one a day twice is nicer though (keeps em flexible)
jewels not tools dont use them to pick or lift ring pullls etc
Wear rubber gloves when cleaning, gardening etc
keep regular maint appointements, NEVER try and do home repairs
use acetone free polish remover
Nail enhancements are flammable and should be kept away from direct sources of heat
and never pick at your extensions

these are my key points hope it helps you out...

· Do remember that your nail extensions are new to you and that it will take a day or two to become accustomed to having longer nails.

· Don’t use your nails as tools! They are not indestructible. Try using the sides or pads of your fingers for difficult jobs.

· Do remember to apply a base coat before using coloured nail varnish. This will help prevent staining and yellowing of the nails.

· Do remember to oil your nails and cuticles at least once a day to prevent lifting.

· Don’t use any nail varnish remover other than a non-acetone one as this will ruin your nail extensions.

· Don’t clip or cut your nails, use a non metal emery board as this will not shatter or crack your nails.

· Don’t attempt to remove your nail extensions any other way than soaking them in 100% acetone. You will ruin your natural nails by picking, biting, etc.

· Do not tap your nails on hard surfaces as this will weaken your nail extensions.

· Do remember to book an appointment for general maintenance and in-fills as this will keep the nails looking at their best.

this is what i have on my aftercare advice sheet, if anyone has any other suggestions that would be cool!!

Fab Freak said:
apply oil one a day twice is nicer though (keeps em flexible)
jewels not tools dont use them to pick or lift ring pullls etc
Wear rubber gloves when cleaning, gardening etc
keep regular maint appointements, NEVER try and do home repairs
use acetone free polish remover
Nail enhancements are flammable and should be kept away from direct sources of heat
and never pick at your extensions

these are my key points hope it helps you out...

Sorry I forgot to say "nevery try and remove your extenions, seek a professional

From the NVQ section on the Designer Nails web site. www.designernails.com

WHAT TYPE OF AFTERCARE ADVICE SHOULD BE GIVEN

TO CLIENTS WHO WEAR NAIL ENHANCEMENTS? Gigi Rouse

Many problems are caused by clients not following the technician’s advice or failing to return to the salon for regular maintenance. If clients follow these simple guidelines, their nail enhancements will stay looking beautiful, be long-lasting and cause no damage to the natural nail at all. Their investment will be worth every penny and they will never have to look at unsightly hands again.

• If the client has very short nails, she/he should start by having the nails extension quite short so as to become accustomed to them gradually.

• If the client bites or picks their nails, a warning must be given that if they do this to the nail enhancements it will weaken them and substantially reduce the life of the enhancement as well as cause damage to the natural nails.

• Nail enhancements are not to be used as tools to pick or scratch at things as this puts undue pressure on the enhancement and may cause them to weaken and break.

• Nail enhancements will be weakened and damaged by harsh treatment e.g. exposing them to detergents without wearing rubber gloves, which can cause them to become dry and brittle and more prone to breakage.

• Relative to a client’s life-style and activity level, nail enhancements may need fortnightly or three weekly maintenance. If the enhancement is lifting or damaged and this is ignored, it could lead to a bacterial infection.

• If lifting is noticed by the client advise them not to pick or pull at the lifted area, as this will cause the lifting to increase and damage the natural nail.

• Nail enhancements can be removed safely in an appropriate Remover followed by a manicure to restore flexibility to the natural nails. This is a professional salon procedure and should never be carried out by the client.

• When removing nail enamel, always use a remover recommended by the nail technician. A non-acetone remover is considered most appropriate for artificial nail structures.

• When wearing nail enhancements, avoid pulling backwards against the tips of the nails; this could cause injury or breakage. e.g. pulling laundry out of the washer.

• Nail enhancements are flammable and should be kept away from direct sources of heat.

• Use a recommended oil daily for moisturising nail enhancements to keep them flexible. Using the correct oil will substantially prolong the life of the enhancements and reduce the risk of breakage.

• Treat your new nails with care until you get used to them. There are many traps for unsuspecting nails,(car doors, kitchen cabinets, switches, etc.) be aware of them and you will soon get into the habit of using your hands in a different way.

• Leave your new nail enhancements alone and let your professional nail technician look after them for you.

• Always follow your nail technician’s advice – She/He is the trained professiona

Latest posts

Back