After hair extensions removal my hair will no longer curl 😔

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTrewhella

Reaction score
I had nano bead hair extensions fitted for 5 months and found them super uncomfortable so had them removed. I quickly noticed how fine my hair looked, as I've always had thick hair before extensions. It's now 3 months later and my hair won't hold a curl for longer than 5 mins anymore! Instead it will go to this straight frizzy stage. My hair itself feels in relatively good condition except being fine. Not dry, split ends have been cut etc. Why is my hair now impossible to style unless it's straight?

I had nano bead hair extensions fitted for 5 months and found them super uncomfortable so had them removed. I quickly noticed how fine my hair looked, as I've always had thick hair before extensions. It's now 3 months later and my hair won't hold a curl for longer than 5 mins anymore! Instead it will go to this straight frizzy stage. My hair itself feels in relatively good condition except being fine. Not dry, split ends have been cut etc. Why is my hair now impossible to style unless it's straight?
It's possibly because it's thinner.
Thinning would be considered normal after having extensions in for 5 months, especially if they were fitted incorrectly (hence the discomfort and hairloss)
Do you put any product in it, when you dry it?
You may need to use a thickening cream / blowdry cream to add body and texture so it will hold.
What do you normally wash your hair in?

@ronray thanks so much for your reply. Im using Planteir hair loss shampoo in the green bottle (sorry im not quite too sure how to spell it) and the Lee Stanford hair growth activation conditioning cream after. Previously I was using the red Bed Head but changed after noticing how fine my hair was.
Before I blow dry I use heat protection spray and anti frizz cream, sometimes Morrocan oil to. X

@ronray thanks so much for your reply. Im using Planteir hair loss shampoo in the green bottle (sorry im not quite too sure how to spell it) and the Lee Stanford hair growth activation conditioning cream after. Previously I was using the red Bed Head but changed after noticing how fine my hair was.
Before I blow dry I use heat protection spray and anti frizz cream, sometimes Morrocan oil to. X
Okay, if you're hair was in good condition, the resurrection (red bed head) would have too much protein in it.
I personally would use a deep cleansing shampoo on your hair, this will help remove any build up on your hair.
The products you're using are all good for protecting the hair, but neither of those will help your curls hold.
The morrocan oil gives anti frizz and heat protection properties by itself, but it is also known to cause build up on the hair.
Try adding something like bed head small talk before blowdrying, then curling.

Latest posts

Back