After some help with Matrix colours please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairtrainee

Reaction score
Hi everybody as the title suggests I'm looking for some help with matrix colours in particular the SoRed line, I've only ever used wella koleston as that's what I was trained in.
I'd like to have a play around with a different colour line on my own hair I'm a level 6 naturally with about 10% grey
My current formula for my hair is
Wella 55/65 mixed with special mix 0/65 + 6% on my roots
I then do a quick bleach wash
And then I use guy tangs crimson spell all over
I do use olaplex all through the processes and I'm always happy with the results, but I'm finding it harder to manage since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and me/cfs.
As I understand the matrix SoReds can't be used on the scalp but can be mixed with their Socolour permanent colour line and I believe its still 1:1 mixing ratio? (Would appreciate help if I'm wrong)
I'd really love my red to be as bright as it is now just with a little less work involved and would appreciate some advice if this is achievable with matrix.
Thanks for any replies in advance

I could be wrong, but I think that SoRed is the Matrix version of L'Oreal Majicontrast (Same company).

If so it is essentially a high-lift/high ammonia colour that uses a type of direct dyes, specifically azo dyes.

The high ammonia will lift dark natual/coloured hair whilst the dyes create a vibrant red.

Using on scalp could possible create scalp irritation and stain the scalp/head as the dyes will stain the skin ketatin.

Latest posts

Back