After some paperwork

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hiya i have a friend whos boss is not giving her enough knowladge but expecting her to do colour corrections her boss doesnt really care about teaching her she would rather bark orders and tell her what to put on rather than explain. Ive advised a colour correction course of some sort but the boss said she doesnt need it but she does.
I have printed her a colour wheel, undertone chart, and was after a dialight pre pig chart for her to look at and some sort of chart explaining peroxides.
10vol - deposit tone
Ectttt

And any other advise, websites for her to go on?

She is a fab hairdresser but just has a boss who has no time for her :(

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

What level of official training does she have? Is she an apprentice? My recommendation would be text books, colour correction is quite an in depth subject and is best learnt alongside a very experienced stylist or mentor tbh, but the salon insurance isn't valid for her to do the colour correction until she's qualified I wouldn't think

Maybe you could give her some case studies?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank u so much, she actually trained with me so has been qualifyed at level 3 for 7 years.

I guess ive just had very kind/experienced employers who have patiently guided me through colour correction. I popped down to her salon today to catch up and treat myself to a cut and blowdry and watched her doing a bleach bath, toners ect and being a nervous wreck, her boss wasnt advising her on what to do but instead barking the WRONG advise, she wanted her to put on green based toner over level 7 orange to make a warm brown, i actually piped up in the end and said please dont do that ect....
Watching someone with 7 years experience behind them feeling so under confident with colouring really pulled at my heart strings. Ive advised to take herself onto a colour correction course but she doesnt want to undermine her boss by going on the course behind her back. So she called me this afternoon and broke down i just thought maybe printing her out some colour wheels, undertone charts ecttttt can help somewhat untill she finds the confidence to either leave or go on this refreshers course. Case studies are a fantastic idea!
Thank you!
Do u have any other advise x

Sorry I don't mean to sound harsh here but how can she be qualified at level 3 for 7 years an not know colour correction? It's in level 3

Sorry I don't mean to sound harsh here but how can she be qualified at level 3 for 7 years an not know colour correction? It's in level 3

I've heard about places taking colour correction out of level 3 because it's a level 4 unit

Advise her to get a new job!

I was going to say the same thing, if she level 3 qualified why is she being talked through the services like that.

Also on what you said above, if she L'Oreal trained and you are helping her out are you trained in L'Oreal (as there is no 10vol).

You can use a green shade over orange you can use any shade you want! Blue will just subdue the most warmth, green will still work. Unless your at the consultation you would never know what the process is.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I've heard about places taking colour correction out of level 3 because it's a level 4 unit

Should be level 2

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I was doing it at level 2

She literally trained with me in the same class for the same amount of time but think she stayed at juniour level for a long time where i moved up really fast and was really guided so she is seriously rusty and forgotton most of it.

That's sad, couldn't she leave and work somewhere a bit nicer? I hear a lot of bosses treating staff like poop these days, not good...

I've never heard of colour correction being a level 2 unit😱
Just meant it should be!

I haven't done level 3 but I was an apprentice so learnt it on the job.

Yea but I diddnt wait untill level 3 to start my practical, as soon as those dispensary doors were open I took on anything and everything that came through the doors! By the time I got to level 2 I was doing literally everything.... Except perms.... I hate perms......

Yea but I diddnt wait untill level 3 to start my practical, as soon as those dispensary doors were open I took on anything and everything that came through the doors! By the time I got to level 2 I was doing literally everything.... Except perms.... I hate perms......

Did you train on apprenticeship?

Latest posts

Back