Aftercare Advice - to buff or not to buff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
I am currently working my way through getting my aftercare leaflets together, I'm doing them myself. I am on Manicure aftercare and on my course we were taught to buff the nails 1-2 times per week with paste to reduce minor furrows.

I have been reading through a couple of my text books since march and they don't advise to use this in aftercare. Also the tutor I have for Nail tech said she wouldn't advise a client to buff their own nails. I was wondering if any of you would add or leave out buffing on an aftercare sheet.

Thanks for reading :hug:

I would leave it out....an overzealous client buffing her nails once or twice a week could seriously thin out her nailplate.

I would leave it out....an overzealous client buffing her nails once or twice a week could seriously thin out her nailplate.

Agreed , most of them buff their nails while watching the tele with a bowl of crisps, even though they are buffing their nails, it's often the last thing on their mnds.

Thanks peeps, I won't bother adding that in the aftecare then.... :)

:hug:

Latest posts

Back