Aftercare Advise and Nail Biters!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsab

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

After reading previous threads about refunds and nail biters, it got me thinking....

I'm wandering what my fellow technicians do in these instances.

Nail biters - do you get them to sign an indemnity? (I use CND Client Record Cards and if I have a nail biter, I ask them to sign, where indicated, to say that if they experience any problems, relating to the fact that they are\were a nail biter, then the salon (me) is not responsible and the enhancements are not guaranteed and they are the sole reposnsibility of the client once they leave the salon).

Aftercare - do you give aftercare advise verbally, do you give them a leaflet or both? (I currently give aftercare advise verbally, but am thinking it may 'sink in' more if it was written down for them to read when they get home, but still back it up by drumming it in to them when they're sat in front of me!).

I would appreciate feedback from other professionals on what you find work's and what doesn't work.

And lastly - Happy Christmas to you all!

Hi Geeks,

After reading previous threads about refunds and nail biters, it got me thinking....

I'm wandering what my fellow technicians do in these instances.

Nail biters - do you get them to sign an indemnity? (I use CND Client Record Cards and if I have a nail biter, I ask them to sign, where indicated, to say that if they experience any problems, relating to the fact that they arewere a nail biter, then the salon (me) is not responsible and the enhancements are not guaranteed and they are the sole responsibility of the client once they leave the salon). I was the original author of those client record cards which I made for my salons ... thousands have copied them since because they make good sense.

Aftercare - do you give aftercare advise verbally, do you give them a leaflet or both? (I currently give aftercare advise verbally, but am thinking it may 'sink in' more if it was written down for them to read when they get home, but still back it up by drumming it in to them when they're sat in front of me!). By law you should hand out aftercare advise. Telling is one thing ... proving you told them is another .. always hand out a hard copy of your aftercare advise. Sweet Squared sell these too.

I would appreciate feedback from other professionals on what you find work's and what doesn't work.

And lastly - Happy Christmas to you all!

I always found that a good talking to about their nail biting habit, and how THEIR habit would impact on wearing enhancements, made them thoroughly aware that it would be no good coming to me and telling me they all 'fell off' if they were a biter. I also always mentioned verbally that there was no guarantee on their enhancements because they were biters.

Latest posts

Back