Aftercare for Fabric#?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Can anyone out there offer some advice please? I'm a CND Master Tech, using L&P, P&W system.

I'm going on the Fabric# training next week and was wondering is the aftercare advice the same for Fabric# as it is L&P????

I have typed up some aftercare advice that I give all new L&P customers, giving basic advice on how to best maintain enhancements e.g. wear rubber gloves, come back for regular maintenance, treat your nails as jewels not tools! and of course USE SOLAROIL...USE SOLAROIL...USE SOLAROIL!!!

Is there anything different in the aftercare of Fabric# enhancements?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Jenny - Nails :D

I have my clients coming in once a month for new sets. I do very few fills. All I push is grapeseed oil everyday. Any cuitcle oil will do. Mr.J
Jenny-Nails said:
Can anyone out there offer some advice please? I'm a CND Master Tech, using L&P, P&W system.

I'm going on the Fabric# training next week and was wondering is the aftercare advice the same for Fabric# as it is L&P????

I have typed up some aftercare advice that I give all new L&P customers, giving basic advice on how to best maintain enhancements e.g. wear rubber gloves, come back for regular maintenance, treat your nails as jewels not tools! and of course USE SOLAROIL...USE SOLAROIL...USE SOLAROIL!!!

Is there anything different in the aftercare of Fabric# enhancements?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Jenny - Nails :D

Mr.J said:
I have my clients coming in once a month for new sets. I do very few fills. All I push is grapeseed oil everyday. Any cuitcle oil will do. Mr.J
Why do you do new sets every month?

Adele

Mr.J said:
.....I do fibreglasss and the nail still grows underneath hence the need for infil.....so why would you not infill after 2/3 weeks? :suprised: May I ask which product you are using Mr J??

Yes, the reason I do new sets is for the money. I use to do fills and was making only $25 per hour. My reason for new sets is I make $40 per in stead of $25 per hour. Yes I agree the nails grow out but I do very few polish clients. Most of my clients wear Backscratchers French Pearl tips. There is no polish the way I do my nails. So when they start growing out it doesn't stand out as with polish. I use the Backscratchers Extreme mixed with OPI's new Fiber. It nylon. So perfect. I also use some of Star's resin gel. Thanks for asking. Mr.J
Fab Freak said:
.....I do fibreglasss and the nail still grows underneath hence the need for infil.....so why would you not infill after 2/3 weeks? :suprised: May I ask which product you are using Mr J??

It's all for the money I guess. I'd rather make $40 per hour than to make $25 per hour. When I first started this system of new sets I was booked so heavy that I couldn't take any new clients. I was getting calls all the time of clients wanting me to do their nails so by having clients come once a month that gave me openings. The next step was to fill my book with a new set every hour. More money. Mr.J
Peppercorn Nails said:
Why do you do new sets every month?

Adele

Mr.J said:
It's all for the money I guess. I'd rather make $40 per hour than to make $25 per hour. When I first started this system of new sets I was booked so heavy that I couldn't take any new clients. I was getting calls all the time of clients wanting me to do their nails so by having clients come once a month that gave me openings. The next step was to fill my book with a new set every hour. More money. Mr.J
Dear Mr J

I can understand why you might book your clients in every month, that's no problem..........if they're staying on. What I can't understand is why you can't do a rebalance/fill/backfill/maintenance..........other than the fact that you're out to get as much money as possible.

I love my profession, and of course want to make money but the difference here is that I want my clients natural nails to maintain their optimum condition, and therefore you will find the majority of nail teks in the UK will encourage their clients to keep to a fortnightly rebalance. Soaking enhancements off every month is ultimately going to cause damage to your clients natural nails.

People come to you because you are a professional...........and therefore if you say they need a soak off every month they are not going to question it because they have faith in you. If you have your clients interests at heart but still need to make money, why not increase the cost for a rebalance?

Regards
Adele

Adele, first I am a professional. Soaking nails off doesn't hurt their nails. I don't know where you have heard that. I have clients that have been coming to me for years and their nails are in great shape. I read in one magazine a few years ago where someone wrote the nail doctor and ask the question about soaking off. He said it doesn't hurt a thing. He said it is the filing that damages the nails. I put grapeseed oil in my acetone to keep from drying out the skin.
Ok it's my clients decission to soak their nails off. I do very few polish clients because it's the natural look that my clients like. They don't want to look under their nail tips and see their own nails growing out. That's why they chose to soak and keep getting new sets. Yes I'm in this for the money but I would never in any way harm a client and I concider myself very professional. Thanks for your interest. Mr.J
Peppercorn Nails said:
Dear Mr J

I can understand why you might book your clients in every month, that's no problem..........if they're staying on. What I can't understand is why you can't do a rebalance/fill/backfill/maintenance..........other than the fact that you're out to get as much money as possible.

I love my profession, and of course want to make money but the difference here is that I want my clients natural nails to maintain their optimum condition, and therefore you will find the majority of nail teks in the UK will encourage their clients to keep to a fortnightly rebalance. Soaking enhancements off every month is ultimately going to cause damage to your clients natural nails.

People come to you because you are a professional...........and therefore if you say they need a soak off every month they are not going to question it because they have faith in you. If you have your clients interests at heart but still need to make money, why not increase the cost for a rebalance?

Regards
Adele

Adele, I forgot to tell you that I only do fiberglass nails. I am also a Creative Master but I like fiberglass best so we don't do relalance on fiberglass nails like they do on acrylics. Thanks again, Mr.J
Peppercorn Nails said:
Dear Mr J

Regards
Adele

Mr.J said:
Adele, first I am a professional. Soaking nails off doesn't hurt their nails. I don't know where you have heard that.

Hi Mr J

if you check out this posting you'll see I got my info from the Geek himself
http://www.samuelsweet.com/showthread.php?t=534&highlight=acetone+safety

However the gist of it is here.

Soaking in acetone is very dehydrating. This process is only temporary and moisture levels return to normal. Normal exposure won't cause anymore damage than removing the shine from the nail plate whereas frequent soak offs can cause a lot more.

Acetone is a solvent and the nail plate (and skin) can become subtly damaged until they become rehydrated again. When you strip oil and moisture from the plate you take away all the lubrication for the keratin polymer that makes up the plate, making the keratin brittle and the keratin polymer chains more likely to snap away from one an another under duress.

Within 5 weeks of growth you have little over 1/10th of an inch of growth of the nail. By the time the nail grows out past what the client would have as her free edge, it will have most likely of spent hours and hours soaking in solvent.

I have clients that have been coming to me for years and their nails are in great shape. I read in one magazine a few years ago where someone wrote the nail doctor and ask the question about soaking off. He said it doesn't hurt a thing. He said it is the filing that damages the nails. I put grapeseed oil in my acetone to keep from drying out the skin.
Ok it's my clients decission to soak their nails off. I do very few polish clients because it's the natural look that my clients like. They don't want to look under their nail tips and see their own nails growing out. That's why they chose to soak and keep getting new sets. Yes I'm in this for the money but I would never in any way harm a client and I concider myself very professional. Thanks for your interest. Mr.J
As an alternative to acetone, have you tried Radical Solarnail Product Disolvant ? this will work faster but also has buffering agents that slow down the dehydration process

Fair enough, if it's your clients choice to soak off every month then that is their choice, I just couldn't understand why you as a tek would not perform a rebalance/maintenance. In the UK most of our repeat clientelle will be taken up with rebalances/maintenances.

Regards
Adele

Adele, I don't know if you have ever seen the Backscratchers French Pearl tips or not but you can't do all of the maintenances that you do on most nails. Once the free edge grows out far enough than your free edge starts to show in behinh the tips and that's one of the things they don't like to see. Because of the years that I have been doing this I have to question the reports that you are talking about on the acetone. I just don't understand how it does all of that when we have not had any problems. Like I said I've been doing this for several years and some of my clienets nails are hard as a rock evertime we soak them off. I really don't see a lot of difference in me using acetone and anyone that is doing acrylics using primer which is usually acid to cut pits into the nail plate and all of the Nail Fresh type of product that remove all of the oils. Everything we use is chemicals. I guess to each his own. Mr.J
Peppercorn Nails said:
As an alternative to acetone, have you tried Radical Solarnail Product Disolvant ? this will work faster but also has buffering agents that slow down the dehydration process

Fair enough, if it's your clients choice to soak off every month then that is their choice, I just couldn't understand why you as a tek would not perform a rebalance/maintenance. In the UK most of our repeat clientelle will be taken up with rebalances/maintenances.

Regards
Adele

Mr.J said:
Adele, I don't know if you have ever seen the Backscratchers French Pearl tips or not but you can't do all of the maintenances that you do on most nails. Once the free edge grows out far enough than your free edge starts to show in behinh the tips and that's one of the things they don't like to see. Because of the years that I have been doing this I have to question the reports that you are talking about on the acetone. I just don't understand how it does all of that when we have not had any problems. Like I said I've been doing this for several years and some of my clienets nails are hard as a rock evertime we soak them off. I really don't see a lot of difference in me using acetone and anyone that is doing acrylics using primer which is usually acid to cut pits into the nail plate and all of the Nail Fresh type of product that remove all of the oils. Everything we use is chemicals. I guess to each his own. Mr.J
this is true, I have just done the Fabric conversion course, and if putting a french tip on, a new set will have to be applied every 4 weeks due to the grow underneath. If a client is having a clear set of fibreglass/silk it can be re-balanced, but all nail whether clear or white have to be removed every 6-8 weeks and a new set applied as they age.

I am a Fabric# system Technician...but also a Creative L&P Technician........
Fabric# is a designer nails Fibreglass/Silk wrap system................
Only available in the UK and a brill system...........
3 phase resin and a paint on liquid white acrylic, to achieve that forever french look...............

First of all, I don't soak enhancements or wraps off unless they really need it........
Unless there is severe lifting which I don't get, nail curling, which again I don't get..............
Unless there brake a nail and then I stick on finger in a small soak off pot.......
So I for one don't bother.........

Because this is a fact , Doug Schoons fact:He know and I wont argue with the knowledge of a bio-chemist..............
Acetone is a solvent and the nail plate (and skin) can become subtly damaged until they become rehydrated again. When you strip oil and moisture from the plate you take away all the lubrication for the keratin polymer that makes up the plate, making the keratin brittle and the keratin polymer chains more likely to snap away from one an another under duress.

Within 5 weeks of growth you have little over 1/10th of an inch of growth of the nail. By the time the nail grows out past what the client would have as her free edge, it will have most likely of spent hours and hours soaking in solvent.

So why do it, if it is not necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do maintenances on my fibreglass clients the same as a L&P Tech would do on their work.............every 2-3 weeks................

I re-balance the growth area, re-fit the apex and strenghten the stress line....as the nail grows, the balance is off key so to speak........

For the client that has French tips I use the only available so far in the UK prodcut called, More Than White...............
I buff the nail, remove any loose product, then i apply the More Than White, this is painted on the freshly buffed and bonded nail, a complete strip of Fibreglass or Silk is applied and then bonded, build and boosted...........
then finished and buffed to a high shine.............

Solar oil is an oil with minute molecules which will penetrate much better and more efficient then any other oil I know.................
So this is why it is my choice, but each to their own..... I just know that after 13 years of doing Fibreglass this is the best oil I have come across........

JMHO
Rebalanced french tips after 3 weeks

Attachments

• gforever french.jpg
    gforever french.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back