Aftercare with Gel Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberley1978

Reaction score
Hi

With gel on toes, do you have to use oil regularly just as you would on fingers with gel applied?

Hi

With gel on toes, do you have to use oil regularly just as you would on fingers with gel applied?

It would be helpful. However, I havent given any of my clients aftercare which includes oiling the gel on their toes.

I have however told them to put a top coat over the gel for a lasting shine and extra protection every couple of weeks or so. Gel on toes lasts up to 6 weeks.

I advise clients too...what oil does for finger nails it also does for toe nails. x

I try to encourage my clients to apply oil once a day to their toes.
NSI Nurture Oil or Solar Oil from Creative are both fab!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I wanna try them on myself an was just wondering if it was necessary. I use NSI Nurture Oil so will give it a go at the weekend :)

I'd advise 4 weekly appointments as the nails grow so much in 6 weeks and then they start to break off and get damaged.

I'd advise 4 weekly appointments as the nails grow so much in 6 weeks and then they start to break off and get damaged.

Do you rebalance your gel toes or just buff them off and start again?

I buff off and start again.

I advise them to oil them as you would with fingers. Some people get really dry skin around the toenails.
I do a new set between 4-6 weeks.

Do you rebalance your gel toes or just buff them off and start again?

Definately buff off and start again.

It's so not worthy of an infill on the little tootsies. By the time you take the length down on 6 weeks growth, you have virtually nothing left. You buff off (or thin out) the remaining gel and start again.

regards
Gina

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back