Age difference - you and your partner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Age difference between you and your partner

• Up to 5 years older than them

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • Up to 12 years older than them

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • up to 25 years older than them

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Up to 5 years younger than them

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • Up to 12 years younger than them

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • up to 25 years younger than them

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
MY HUBBY IS 9 1/2 YEARS OLDER THAN ME. WE MET WHEN I WAS 17 AND HE WAS 27 AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 18YEARS.

MEN MATURE SLOWLY SO MENTALY ID SAY WE ARE THE SAME AGE LOL:green:

There's 10 years between me and my OH (him being older!) My ex and I were the same age, just months between us. But he reverted to child hood when he hit his 40's (which is why he is now my ex!!!)

My dear old Nan always said you should Never date any one you could have given birth to, or who could have fathered you!!!:eek::lol:

My Hubby is 6 1/2 yrs older than me .........we have been together 11 1/2 yrs......... married 10.......... we married after just 6 months after meeting :rolleyes:.........we have always had things in common and share the same goals........

My other 'peeps' have always been a couple months within my age range and I found them to just be immature and irritating.....hence why they are now ex's......

I have found I quite like the little gap between us ...does not bother me a bit !

Oh dear I beat you all.................there is 23 years between me and my Fiance (i am 28 and he is 51 on Sat) ! :eek::lol:
We have been together for nearly 3 years (both have baggage) and we are true soulmates! We speak on the phone at every opportunity and can`t bear to be apart for more than a day........sounds soppy but I can`t think of anyone I`d rather be with for the rest of my life! :) We are getting married on 21st Sept!!:)
I think age only matters if you let it, and my only wish is that we didn`t meet years ago:cry:

Anyway thats me!

My lovely husband is eight years younger than me but we are really not bothered about what age we are. We enjoy same things and we share things that perhaps we hadnt tried before such as ive just passed my motorbike test at 46 years old as he has always loved bikes and so now do i.
Age really is not relevant. waht you do together, how you are together and so on that matter

Oh dear I beat you all.................there is 23 years between me and my Fiance (i am 28 and he is 51 on Sat) ! :eek::lol:
We have been together for nearly 3 years (both have baggage) and we are true soulmates! We speak on the phone at every opportunity and can`t bear to be apart for more than a day........sounds soppy but I can`t think of anyone I`d rather be with for the rest of my life! :) We are getting married on 21st Sept!!:)
I think age only matters if you let it, and my only wish is that we didn`t meet years ago:cry:

Anyway thats me!
well I've seen you together - truly soulmates:lol:

Aaah thanks babe!! If there was a smilie for puking then i`m sure you would have used it!!! xx

Moi !!:green::green::green::green::green:

My hubby is 14 years older than me, in fact he used to be drinking pals with my Dad!
He moved in opposite us when I was just 11 and he was 25, and no I didnt go out with him then!!!
I started seeing him when I was 22 and we got married when I was 23, so he was 37.
We've been married now for 12 1/2 years and the age gap is just starting to matter. We have very different styles of parenting and my daughter who is nearly 12 is starting to test them! :smack:
Having said that I couldnt imagine being married to anyone else though!

My boyfriend is 12 years older than me and has 2 young children. We've been together only 18 months but I think as long as you get along and enjoy the same things then it really doesn't matter. Plus he does like the fact he has a 21 year old girlfriend haha. x

Mine is 15 years older than me, to be honest the age thing has never really mattered so far, I'm 30 he's 45. Went out with a younger man once, it really didn't work, I couldn't get over the age thing.

When I met my hubby, I "thought" he was older or the same age as myself (must have been the mustache)
BUT when I found out he was 4yrs younger....:eek::Scared:
I FREAKED OUT and told him he was too young for me. At the time I was 27 and that made him 23.....
Up until him, my boyfriends had been 3 to 8yrs older than myself.
I was convinced that he would be too immature and nowhere near on the same plane as I was and definately not going in the same direction.

Well, as it turns out.. in many ways he was more mature and more level headed than the older guys I had dated. Etc etc.. Just plain better.

I'm guessing it's because 3 of his older siblings were sisters.... (he's the youngest of 5) and had a hard-working, no-nonsense mom....
He was WELL trained by them :lol:
I had only to fine-tune him hehe

It's been great ever since and to be honest, his young 'side' encourages me not to be such a stick in the mud sometimes and he makes me laugh ALL the time. That's the best part of him. The smile he puts on my face DAILY.

Maybe in some cases, age is important...
But I think in many, it might be unrelevant, DEPENDING on how young the youngest partner is. That's the key.

Example:
16yrs & 36yrs is just plain nasty. (20yrs difference)
BUT
30 and 50... it could work, who knows.

Depends on the needs, goals etc of those involved and their interests.
You can have old-decrepit 30yr old's and young lively 50yr olds, know what I mean?

just my two cents
:hug:

i am 3 years younger than dave , and reckon we are pretty well matched really ,:green:

When I met my boyfriend he was 17, I was 19. Some people thought it was a bit dodgy cause he had just finished high school and I was able to go out clubbing and drinking.

I wasn't bothered by him not being able to go clubbing anyway, it's not really my idea of fun.

Now he's 20 & I'm 22 so the age difference is really no concern.

Even though he's younger he's the most mature and responsible guy I've ever dated and all the others were older than me.

I'm with my hubby 10 years now (since high school). We got married this summer. As you can guess then, age difference is around few months (he's 6 months older then me). For me it's normal however that men are older then women (most of my girlfriends have guys 5+ years older then them). It just kind of fits with interests i believe (we mature sooner and things like that). I didn't have any problems tho since me and my hubby practically grew up together (from 17 to now), so we have alot of same interests. He's helping me in nails actually and supporting me, that's why i want to be good :hug:

there is 7 years between me and my hubby...he is the older one...with my ex we were the same age and that was ok too....it was his personality why we divorced...with my hubby were perfect...been with him 3 and 1/2 years and would not change a thing...he is my soul mate,my best friend...i believe there is someone out there for you and when you meet him...you know...i have found my true love and i could not be happier xxx

My husband is two years older than me and we are "totally" different in nature and upbring. There are so many aspects of his personality that I love and want to aspire to, he is strong, confident and independent where as I am more patient, homely and nurturing. We learn from each other and although very different we have the same goals. (Just differnt ways of achieving them)??

Hi there,
IMO, each individual has a level of maturity. I have always been mature from the age of 11ish but I still went through my rebellious teens but my hubby and I have alooooooooot in common, music, ideas, we talk non stop, sorting out the children, we always agree on things (sounds sad really) and that's how we manage our large family. We don't really go out and suits us fine. :) :)

My 1st husband and my lads father was 7 years older than me when we married.My 2nd husband Kev is 5 years older than me and totally different in nature and upbring. He was brought up with 3 sisters and him being the baby of his family .There many aspects of his personality that I love such as his respect for women and not to argue ,verbally put them down or hurt them in away and he is always supporting me and backing me up on anything i do and agreeing on things which i find different from my 1st hubby , he is strong,patient, confident and supportive ,puts up with me and a good friend as well as a husband,father and stepfather ,whereas I am more impatient, powerseeking ,have different ideas and tyranical ,but i suppose that's being a woman lol. I find i learn from him as well as we learn from each other and although very different we seem to have the same goals but different ways of achieving them, for example i want to move and live abroad oneday whereas he is more homeground and family orientated.

There is 18 years between Hubby and me. I am his 2nd wife (the first one passed away). We have learnt a lot from each other. We have been together 12years, married 4 years and i have to say that our relationship is better today than it ever was. We love each other and support each other. It might sound really corny but he makes me feel safe and confident! I don't think age really matters, I think it is down to each individual and how people relate to each other. I think as long as two people love each other and respect one another then age should not come into it really.

Latest posts

Back