Age for pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely to have a large family. I have 9 children . I had my 1st at 17, 2nd at 19, 3rd at 24, 4th at 25, 5th at 26, 6th at 28, 7th at 30, 8th at 33 and 9th at 35. I've just turned 36, and there may just be room for 1 more :)

Wow you certainly deserve your "empress" title!!
I had my daughter at 26 and my son at 31. Didn't want a big age gap like that but my health issues forced it. Doesn't matter really what age you are. What will be will be and there are pros and cons to being younger or older. Just be happy to be blessed with children I say.

New here and just seen the topic!
I believe there is no right age, whatever feels right- you will know.
I had my first at 19.
I have 5 children now 1st@19 2nd@20 3rd@21 4th@23 5th@26.
I'm now 27 and v v happy!!
Try not to stress and go with the flow, all these pressures and requirements on parents just cause unnecessary stress!!!😊😊

9 kids.... Wow what a soldier!!!!!
Don't think I'd b able to walk!!!!

My husband and I have fertility issues. I was hoping for one at 20 but no luck. I am 23 my hubby 28 and we got a journey ahead of us dealing with the issues but once getting over I won't be the young mom I wanted to be my mind frame changed. I will have a child when the time is right. Age is no option to me anymore.

It was tough as nobody else in my family has had fertility issues. My sister and the rest of the woman in my family pretty much pick a day to get preggers and it happens. I think about having a baby literly everyday ever hour sometimes. I have never wanted anything so badly in my life.

Last edited:
I lost a baby at 19 and one at 22.we have now decided to wait a couple of year til we are married. Would love a big family but have now decided its better for us to be more settled first! Xx

This is definitely different for everyone, I'm 27 and I've always loved kids and babies, I can coo over a new born all day, because of this I think my parents thought I'd get pregnant quite young. I can honestly say as much as I notice babies and think they're so cute I really don't get broody at all.
I've been with my husband for 7 years and we both had the same desire to be married and stable before we started a family, I will say I have various issues regarding women's health and I've been warned conceiving may prove difficult. We have now been married for 18 months and have decided to start trying at the end of the year if it feels right, we would like a few kids so don't want to leave it too long, but I have to admit I still feel very young, time has just gone by so fast.
I'm glad I chose not to have kids young as I've had the freedom to travel a bit and put ourselves first and I don't want to have to rely on others, my sister had her children when she wasn't overly stable and had to go back to work within weeks as she couldn't survive on the maternity pay and my mum was full time carer to both kids until they started school, she missed out on so much when they were in their early years.

I was 18 and 22 when I had my girls, always worked full time and now they are 11 and 16 and I own my own salon but I probably would not be where I am now if I had not worked so hard..... If I had my time over I probably would have waited til my thirties although they have nice things and a nice home I feel like I and they missed out on a lot and still am x

I was 18 and 22 when I had my girls, always worked full time and now they are 11 and 16 and I own my own salon but I probably would not be where I am now if I had not worked so hard..... If I had my time over I probably would have waited til my thirties although they have nice things and a nice home I feel like I and they missed out on a lot and still am x

On the plus side your kids will grow up and leave home and you'll still be young enough to do the things you still would like to of done before! X

My husband and I have fertility issues. I was hoping for one at 20 but no luck. I am 23 my hubby 28 and we got a journey ahead of us dealing with the issues but once getting over I won't be the young mom I wanted to be my mind frame changed. I will have a child when the time is right. Age is no option to me anymore.

It was tough as nobody else in my family has had fertility issues. My sister and the rest of the woman pretty much pick a day to get preggers and it happens. I think about having a baby literly everyday ever hour sometimes. I have never wanted anything so badly in my life.

Aww I really feel for you. I'm sure you will get there in the end just be kind to yourself and try and relax or the pressure can overwhelm you. When I had my daughter when I was 26 I had severe health issues (not fertility issues) after and I was actually told by my consultant not to have anymore children which devastated me and my husband. However, I fought through the pain and finally had my son 5 years later. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through but the best thing too. Hes now 11, my daughter 16 and they are my whole world. What I'm trying to say is sometimes everything looks hopeless but life always has surprises in store and with any luck you'll still fulfill your dream. Don't give up, stay strong, determined and I wish you all the luck in the world x

Lovely to have a large family. I have 9 children . I had my 1st at 17, 2nd at 19, 3rd at 24, 4th at 25, 5th at 26, 6th at 28, 7th at 30, 8th at 33 and 9th at 35. I've just turned 36, and there may just be room for 1 more :)

I did sort of cheat as my 4th & 5 th are twins.

I did sort of cheat as my 4th & 5 th are twins.

Everyone is so surprised that I have no twins. They do say the odds go up for having multiples, the more time you have been pregnant. Not in my case though! X

Everyone is so surprised that I have no twins. They do say the odds go up for having multiples, the more time you have been pregnant. Not in my case though! X

Lol your lucky I wouldn't wish twins on anybody ;-)

Me and my husband have joked in the past that we would have to have twins as we would be likely to both want to push the pram or wear the baby carrier so if we had twins we could have a baby each, however in all seriousness I'm sure the novelty would soon wear off with 2x as much feeds, dirty nappies, etc! X

Me and my husband have joked in the past that we would have to have twins as we would be likely to both want to push the pram or wear the baby carrier so if we had twins we could have a baby each, however in all seriousness I'm sure the novelty would soon wear off with 2x as much feeds, dirty nappies, etc! X

The 2x everything didn't bother me it's as they got older the arguing horrendous. Mine are identical girls & are now 11 1/2. They do nothing but fight.

empressdebbie and littlemissm, wow is all i can say!!

I had my first at 18 and my 2nd at 21 andi wouldnt change a thing. I have been fortunate to have had great parents that have helped out alot as well as the fact they got to enjoy their grandchildren and be a huge part of their lives also.

as with everything there are pros and cons.....i have plenty of friends who waited until they were financially stable to have children and then they have had to juggle careers and babies! tiring stuff!! I have been able to enjoy my children, i had plenty of energy as i was younger, i still had half decent career and now that my children are 16 and 19 and i am 37 i can concentrate more on a career without juggling and i have a fantastic relationship with my boys as i am on their wavelength. Im not saying that mine is the right way by any means but for me it has been. we are each different and want different things in life which includes the right time to have children xx

I had my son when I was 17, although I was own my own and I found it very difficult, I wouldn't change any of it, having him is the best thing I've done.

I don't think there is a "right" age to have a baby, it all depends on the individual. If you can provide a good life for a child and you're willing to make another person the centre of you're world, what does it matter what age you are?

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Hi Geeks

Just wondering what everyones views were on the age to have kids i know there is never a right time because it just happens but so you think being young is bad ? Or being older is better.

I genuinely dont think theres a right or wrong answer here. It's up to the individual and their situation.
I'll tell you one thing though - I've never met a mother who wishes she didn't have her children, whatever age she may have had them.

Do you have children Thair?

JoJo

I would love to get pregnant and start a family with my OH but I worry to much about work. I worry that if I take too long off from the salon I will be replaced and I recently took on another job as a care assistant in my days of and worry I wouldn't be able to carry that on as childcare is soooooo expensive. I don't know how people manage to live!

I guess I'm sated that I will loose my job opportunities that I have right now?
I guess it's because I worry I won't have the support of the wage I have now maybe? I'm not sure but I would love to be able to have a baby now.

I had my son at 17 and my daughter when I was 23 i wouldn't change them for the world,I had my own house at 17 payed all my bills went to college and basically worked hard to get to where I am today,even tho I had my parents nothing was handed on a plate to me Iv always payed my way.now I work part time pay crèche for my daughter and work my backside off to give them the luxuries in life :) I don't think there's any excuse as long as you work hard and are driven to get to where to want to go xx

I had my first son at 28 and my second son at 29.

I did want children at 21, as I thought I would be mature enough as that was the same age my mum had me. So glad it never happened at 21, as bf at the time was a huge mistake and I was still too young looking back.

I'm now 30, and my second son is 6 months and I'm going back to work full time next week and have had so many mixed views on me going back to work, that its too soon, I should stay at home, etc etc. but me, hubby and my boys are happy :)

I would like 2 more but maybe once my oldest is at school. So I've got 3 years to wait and build up my business x

Latest posts

Back