Age gaps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarLouise

Reaction score
What's everyone's age gap between them and their partners? If they are alot older/younger did it change things when you first met/got together? Does the age different affect your relationship?

Sarah xo

Im 13 days older than my fiancé. We are both young at heart but he definitely acts more childish than me lol.
We will be 30 next year :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm 11 months older than my BF he calls me a child snatcher and worse,lol

Me and my partner are both 27 he is 8 months older .
My dad is married to someone 22 years younger than him and they have just celebrated their 18 th anniversary .
I dont think an age gap is a problem it's the connection two people have with each other .
My mum is with someone 8 years younger than her !
My parents are cradle snatchers lol x

I was a couple of years younger than my first partner and I think that was better. I felt like I didn't have an idiot on my hands as he was grown up. Ah how I miss that lol.

Now I'm 6 months older than my partner currently and I feel in some lights that affects us as I've always been very mature and I'm ready to settle. Where as he has idiot friends and he isn't ready to settle. Never affected us when we first got together but the more serious part of life it shows. Hmm lol xx

my hubby is 3 years older than me but after 20 years together he's finally caught up with me in terms of maturity

There is 16 year between me and my partner and I do see the age gap why do u ask?

Amy's hairdressing

I was with a man 15 years older than me for a few years and the age was not an issue...not for us anyway! We actually separated (in part) because I was keen to settle down and he wasn't so.

Now my partner is five months younger than me and I think I'm definitely suited to someone older!! 😂

My partner is 5 years older than me - he's keen to settle & have a baby - not yet for me though I've just opened a salon! lol x

I'm 3 months younger than hubby although he makes it out like its years saying stuff like "you won't remember stuff like that it was before your time"

My dad seems to be going for younger women every time since him and my mum split 20 years ago. His current girlfriend is 22 years youbger than him (4 years older than me) i've not met her yet but she seems nice and he seems happy so who am i to judge

Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't see an age gap a problem with any relationship unless the oldest person is very wealthy,lol you never see gorgeous you things with poor pensioners outside the postoffice on a Tuesday do you x

My boyfriend is only 2 and a half years older than me and I usually don't see the age gap but he's wanting to have kids as he feels like he's getting on in age ( he will be 26 in November haha so hardly ancient )!! But I'm in my second year of college, want to graduate and work for a while before I fall pregnant.. Also we don't live together or have money for it so it's a couple of years before I consider it but he's so sure he wants one asap and doesn't consider money etc!!

I am four days older than my Husband and boy does he let me know about it every single one of those days every year.

My other half is just under 6 years older than me. I hardly notice the age difference to be honest except for when it comes to some TV programmes or stuff like that that I don't remember. We're both keen to settle down and to buy a bigger house etc and have more kids (I already have 1) so we seem to be on the same wavelength there as well :) now I just have to convince him that I wasn't being serious when I said "I never want to get married" hmmmmm.....lol xx

I think in many cases a large age gap can cause problems. My ex husband is 10 years older than me. When I was in my 20's it didn't really matter, by the time I was hitting 40 he was 50...and old with it!! whereas I wasn't ready to grow up :lol: So I now have myself a toy boy :green: although only by 2 years lol and I can honestly say I have never been happier :)

Theres about 18 months between me and the mister. Thank god when I met him, he'd already moved out and had his own flat- his maturity level was at least on the rise by then ;) He's 34 now, going 50 so have told him to buck up and enjoy life, I swear he's turning in to my father :[

Age is but a number to some. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

He is 1 year older than me, but acts 50 years older!! Lol x

7 years between us been together since I was 19 he was 26. 27 years later the gap still exists but I just shrug it off and tell him he is old.

There's 10 years between me and my partner. I've had relationships with men younger than me, same age as me and a few years older than me and not one of those relationships was worthwhile.
For me and my partner the age gap means nothing. Though I have always wondered what it will be like when he's 50 and I'm 40. I may have to trade him in for a younger model haha. X

Thanks everyone for your replies. The reason I ask is I have been asked out on a date tomorrow, and there is a 10 year age gap. I'm 20 and he's 30. He asked me if it changed things I said no because I don't really know him at all yet I couldn't say. Just wanted to know everyone else's views which has opened my eyes a bit. I've never been out with someone a bit older than me before so I'm slightly nervous now. Mostly that he might think I'm not mature or too young or whatever. I chatted up a guy in my bar before and he was 26 said I was too young! X

Sarah xo

Latest posts

Back