Age limit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roseblanc

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what everyone's age limit is for putting on enhancements (gel, acrylic, wraps, etc). I wont service anyone under 16 years old without parental consent and no one under 13 even with parental consent.

Hi this is a great question. I am with you on your age limits. I have had parents beg me to put enhancements on their daughters as young as 10, just for school dances, ballet etc. I thought you have to be joking, but no, they are serious. go figure :eek:

I hope no one else would do it under the age of 16, but some places may though, I guess it is up to them.

i put some on a girl of 13 just before christmas...it was a present to her from mum and dad...i had consent and her older sister came with her to her appointment. I really didnt think that they were going to last on her...she had really petite hands so small nails.Plus with her age i didnt expect her to look after them. To my supprise i had a message from her at the end of january asking me if she could book in to have them soaked off as they had grown out alot and were getting a bit long...i was shocked...just goes to show you shouldnt judge clients because of their age...she must have really looked after them and followed all aftercare advice...other than of course coming in for her maintenance.

Hey,

I personally would not be happy, to carry out a full set of nail enhancements on a girl under the age of 16!
Even if they had a letter of consent i still wouldn't do it.

:hug:
Lease x

Hey,

I personally would not be happy, to carry out a full set of nail enhancements on a girl under the age of 16!
Even if they had a letter of consent i still wouldn't do it.

:hug:
Lease x

I totally agree with you. Under 16 is too young for a full set, but I would offer a varnish and some nail art if thier nail looking good.

Latest posts

Back