Ageing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are pluses and minuses to ageing for me. I am more confident and happy in my own skin than at any time in my life. I don't question myself nearly so much anymore. Nor do I put up with other peoples crap and bad attitudes so much 😀

On the other hand I have less control over my body and how it looks, I still look young for my age but energy levels, grey hairs 😳 and the ever closer 'change' are out of my control and I don't like it lol

And it frightens me just how fast time goes now, my children growing to fast and I just want to shout wait!!! Slow down for a bit!! Lol

But on the whole ageing isn't a worry, as others have the alternative is more frightening x

ETA: 44yrs and 3 weeks 😊

Happy birthday Happyfeet!

I'm 39 but think age is just a number and state of mind. Having heard of lots of sadness with young people passing away in our area recently and following Claudias Cause (a local girl with a brain tumour) & Stephens Story highlights that life should be grasped firmly with both hands and lived to the max rather than worry about getting old. Saying that I feel 105 today after 3 unsettled nights with the little lady & 3 manic days at work lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

As said the alternative is much worse.Im Coming up 52.I get minor aches and pains now in various places probably the start of some form of arthritis as it runs in the family.My teeth are moving after always being nice and straight so I'm going to get a retainer fitted.I now have to wear glasses.Hair is thinner,dryer and less manageable.
These things irritate me but I'm glad for general good health now,that I just hope continues as I know at this age certain things can crop up that worries me.I try not to take my health for granted anymore.

Grey hair, weight gain which won't shift, not having to shave my legs and armpits as often as the hair growth seems to have slowed but discovered a lone hair to the left of my chin on the jawline - pulled that ****** out straight away!! I'm 54 used to be a hairdresser in my 20s but gave it up, not long qualified in nails and overall bitterly regretting not being in the beauty industry years ago. I'm determined to make a go of everything I've learned, get more training as and when to make up for what I think I've missed!! I have two sons and 6 grandchildren and loving my life!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In scared of becoming older and not achieving everything I have set out to achieve.

However ageing doesn't bother me (Yet). I do have a lot of laughter lines but I get asked for ID'd a lot at 26. So when that stops I guess I will start to be bothered about it!

I hope I grow old and my dream is to see my kids grow up and hopefully see them have kids. I will be honest and probably won't be growing old very gracefully

I'm 33 and love being 33. It's also my lucky number.
I'm not scared of getting old. I think as a society we are younger in our old age than previous generations. My mum is 59, looks 50 at a push and has lush long hair no wrinkles and wouldn't be seen dead in a twin set.
Being old and frail scares me. My grandad has such a strong mind but has Parkinson's and can no longer care for himself, can't walk and has no independence and just wants to die and it breaks my heart. He's 88. We lost my gran suddenly a year ago who was strong as an ox, did all her own decorating etc and wanted to live until she was 100. She was 82. It's not fair she died and didn't want 2 and my grandad is stuck (not that I want to lose him ever, I worship him and did my gran)
I worry that I will be alone. I'm not married/committed and have no children (nor want them really) have no siblings.
Also I have fibromyalgia and very bad spine problems that can't be fixed, registered disabled at 29!
However I'm more confident in myself and in my own skin. I don't care what anyone thinks or says about me and don't live to please anyone but my family and myself.
I do have botox but it's not an age thing, I like how it lifts my brow and also stops my forehead sweating lol.
I've lived my life and done anything and everything I ever dreamed of doing. I have amazing stories to tell. People can't believe the jobs and experiences I've had at my age but I'm one of this people if I want to do it I do and if I get bored I move on.
I'm happy :) in a sh*t load of pain and still suffer from depression but I'm happy with what and who I have in my life and grateful for that x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Ageing is a funny thing and everyone approaches it differently. My dad turned 61 this year (not old at all) and has just cycled around 1000 miles over two weeks for a youth charity he set up. He's going to be the type to never get old. My mum on the other hand (parents are divorced) is 64 and has pretty much given up on everything and would happily move in to an old age home. She lost her father and mother had a stroke within the same week and then a year later found out she had a brain tumour and so over the last few years has aged terribly fast and it's hard to believe she's only 64.

I'm 30 but my face looks about 16! I have chronic fatigue so always suffering with aches and pains so my body feels way older. Been noticing grey hairs for the last 5 years so usually colour my hair to cover them up. Only starting to get a few wrinkles round the eyes recently and funny enough they don't really bother me at all.

Interesting thread.

The thing which bothers me most, I think, is altzeimers / dementia - my nan had a touch of it around 90, and my auntie. It scares me to death to think I might not recognise my own family and it pains me to think they might have to see me like that.

Although obv thats a fair way off lol

Woke up this morning and lay there for about 2 minutes trying to think what day it was. . . absoutely no idea whatsoever . . . could NOT think what I'd done yesterday so no clues there. Had to ask hubby and was delighted it was Sunday. ffs. :rolleyes::eek::cry::cry: whats going on. I'm not normally like that - maybe because i'd literally just woken up? Scary.

I'm 33 and love being 33. It's also my lucky number.
I'm not scared of getting old. I think as a society we are younger in our old age than previous generations. My mum is 59, looks 50 at a push and has lush long hair no wrinkles and wouldn't be seen dead in a twin set.
Being old and frail scares me. My grandad has such a strong mind but has Parkinson's and can no longer care for himself, can't walk and has no independence and just wants to die and it breaks my heart. He's 88. We lost my gran suddenly a year ago who was strong as an ox, did all her own decorating etc and wanted to live until she was 100. She was 82. It's not fair she died and didn't want 2 and my grandad is stuck (not that I want to lose him ever, I worship him and did my gran)
I worry that I will be alone. I'm not married/committed and have no children (nor want them really) have no siblings.
Also I have fibromyalgia and very bad spine problems that can't be fixed, registered disabled at 29!
However I'm more confident in myself and in my own skin. I don't care what anyone thinks or says about me and don't live to please anyone but my family and myself.
I do have botox but it's not an age thing, I like how it lifts my brow and also stops my forehead sweating lol.
I've lived my life and done anything and everything I ever dreamed of doing. I have amazing stories to tell. People can't believe the jobs and experiences I've had at my age but I'm one of this people if I want to do it I do and if I get bored I move on.
I'm happy :) in a sh*t load of pain and still suffer from depression but I'm happy with what and who I have in my life and grateful for that x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey sweetie, I was registered disabled last year at 30, I had a stroke and lost my left side including my vision but I found a lovely(sometimes) parter who deals very well with my health concerns, my thalamus is effected so some symptoms are like fibro I get burning pains and chronic fatigue. Anywho im babbling now just wanted to say some men do put up with us. Also my plan for being lonely is too rejoin the a nice church my gran had so many friends and so much support after my grandpa died in her church friends. Xxx

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Interesting thread.

The thing which bothers me most, I think, is altzeimers / dementia - my nan had a touch of it around 90, and my auntie. It scares me to death to think I might not recognise my own family and it pains me to think they might have to see me like that.

Although obv thats a fair way off lol

Woke up this morning and lay there for about 2 minutes trying to think what day it was. . . absoutely no idea whatsoever . . . could NOT think what I'd done yesterday so no clues there. Had to ask hubby and was delighted it was Sunday. ffs. :rolleyes::eek::cry::cry: whats going on. I'm not normally like that - maybe because i'd literally just woken up? Scary.

Blossom this worries me too. My nan had dementia and it was heart breaking. I am convinced I'll get it just because of the way I am (probably sounds daft) but my brain is so over worked with my OCD it worries me. I don't think that there's any link from what I've read but still. xx

Blossom this worries me too. My nan had dementia and it was heart breaking. I am convinced I'll get it just because of the way I am (probably sounds daft) but my brain is so over worked with my OCD it worries me. I don't think that there's any link from what I've read but still. xx

my mum always says my brain is addled from thinking about lots of different things at once.....I think when your brain is overworked from something you get "brain fog" if you know what i mean! xx

Latest posts

Back