Ageing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
Does it bother you getting older?

2 clients today having a moan about getting/feeling old.

Come on...surely its better than the alternative?!

lol

I haven't reached an age that bothers me yet. My dad died aged 40 when I was just 7 and I feel getting older is a privilege and we don't all manage it.

Today society in the western world is youth obsessed and ridiculous. Ageing is the most natural thing in the world and we should learn to embrace it. As you so rightly point out, the alternative is a lot less exciting :)

edit to add: I'm 48 - would be good to know the age of people commenting to get a perspective x

I am probably in the minority here and I don't care!!! I love character! To see laughter lines and the lines of life in older peoples faces is priceless! I have a good skincare regime myself which doesn't involve any type of surgery and I am happy with that!

I am looking forward to being an old lady and im busy now collecting experiences now so I have lots of stories to tell. But I am worried society is not always kind to the elderly I dont want to feel vulnerable ever. I do also panick when I look at pictures of my parents when they were my age and think how does that happen. So I have mixed feelings

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
birth cert .... 47
body indicates.....depends on the day
in my own mind ....36

I'm another year older today, I've just turned 33, it's not old but I don't like the number. Having said that I do like getting older, I've achieved more, I'm sometimes a little wiser and my family is growing up which I think is lovely and one hell of a privilege :)

Actual Age: 33
Body Age: 80
Mind Age: Well that just depends on who I'm with and what I'm doing ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I turned 50 last month which I have to day didn't bother me in the slightest. I do always think that the other option is far worse!
I really look after myself and people are always amazed that I'm 50 do it does sell a LOT of skincare. But I'm definitely not a slave to it. I have never been a fan of sunbathing so that has stood me in good stead but I am amazed about the amount of people who abuse their skin for years and think a facial or 2 will undo all that damage.
I think 50 to my generation is completely different to that if my mum's. They were OLD!!!!!

Vicki x

From a younger persons perspective..
I'm 20 and I've already got smile lines because I smile a lot!!
I think getting older doesn't scare me, what scares me the most is realising how quick time goes by. Their isn't enough time!! I want to try to live the fullest life, it's not worth spending it sad and miserable about things we cannot control.
My mother is 55 and she has the personality of an 18 year old, so we will all age one day it doesn't phase me :)

I think 50 to my generation is completely different to that if my mum's. They were OLD!!!!!

Vicki x

When I think back to when I was a teenager, my mum used to wear the same sort of clothes as my nan, have her hair the same, etc, and that generation wouldn't be able to justify spending good money on beauty products/treatments and it was considered vain to fuss much about your appearance. Definitely agree that this generation of 50 years olds is sooooo different.

Oh dear! I am 56, shortly to be 57! :rolleyes:

It bothers me to the extent that I've already got to well over the halfway mark in the chapters of my personal 'Book of life!' :eek: The alternative is far less inviting, however, than a few aches, pains, wrinkles and grey hairs. I am lucky! :D

We are having a bit of a family get together today, to celebrate my elder daughter's engagement - she's 31. Fervently hoping that the next few years might bring with it the patter of a grandchild's tiny feet and just as fervently hoping that I can be a 'Hands on' grandparent, as there's a distinct possibility they'll settle on the other side of the world. My prospective son in law is Australian. Quietly struggling with that one, I have to admit. You want the best for your children and for them to be happy, I just don't want to conduct the future via skype!

I have daily reminders of the toll the years take, as my nearly 88 year old mother lives with us. Mother nature can be very cruel when the elderly prepare to bow out and sing their swan song. All the more reason to make the absolute most of every moment you have with them. :hug:

When I think back to when I was a teenager, my mum used to wear the same sort of clothes as my nan, have her hair the same, etc, and that generation wouldn't be able to justify spending good money on beauty products/treatments and it was considered vain to fuss much about your appearance. Definitely agree that this generation of 50 years olds is sooooo different.

I did a client the other day who said she stopped wearing make up when she got to 60. Do you just give up? I know I won't. I'll still be working and loving it and putting a full face of slap on every day!

Vic x

I did a client the other day who said she stopped wearing make up when she got to 60. Do you just give up? I know I won't. I'll still be working and loving it and putting a full face of slap on every day!

Vic x

My mother's make up bag is still out, even to attend hospital appointments! :D

No it really doesn't bother me. I am sure when I was younger it did, but now I'm here I think I'm holding up pretty well.
I've looked after my skin, well, aside from a phase of being a sun worshipper in my late 20's, but have always used good skincare.
I also have a love affair with makeup, just as well as I feel now I couldn't leave the house without it on!

I know people who have had 'work' and some Botox done and look great, good luck to them, but its not for me.
I always say my husband went to a lot of effort to give me these laughter lines, so I will be hanging on to them thank you very much!

Having said all that, I really struggle with the onset of middle age spread :eek: I'm not used to being overweight and although I have been in denial about it for the last year I now am trying really hard to get back to my fighting weight.....but it is proving hard to shift !

Like me izzidoll. I would be able to literally eat anything and I would stay the same weight. I now constantly battle to keep at an ok weight. Being married to a fitness obsessed scouser doesn't help - or maybe it does - I know letting go, big belly and big knicks aren't an option!

Like me izzidoll. I would be able to literally eat anything and I would stay the same weight. I now constantly battle to keep at an ok weight. Being married to a fitness obsessed scouser doesn't help - or maybe it does - I know letting go, big belly and big knicks aren't an option!

I struggle, too, and it's far harder to shift these days. I refuse to sink into the abyss of middle aged spread! I definitely notice the difference if I don't stick to an exercise routine with my dvds etc, along with 'Restrained' eating habits. Bit of a bore, but what's the alternative? :irked:

I'm another year older today, I've just turned 33, it's not old but I don't like the number. Having said that I do like getting older, I've achieved more, I'm sometimes a little wiser and my family is growing up which I think is lovely and one hell of a privilege :)

Actual Age: 33
Body Age: 80
Mind Age: Well that just depends on who I'm with and what I'm doing ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Happy birthday happy feet!

I worry about ageing from a health perspective. Always been very poorly but grit my teeth and try and get on with it but I do worry how ill cope when I'm older. I also hate the fact of my mum getting older, she still seems so young with such zest for life and yet will be 70 next year and obviously there will come a point when she will slow down. Dread that day as she's always been my energetic nutty mum. My nan is 95 and her brain is perfect but she is so very frail and gets annoyed at needing care and help with most things now. I think enjoy youth while you have it as old age sure ain't a barrel of laughs!

My mind is the same as it was at 30 but I'm a lot wiser. This has only happened however in the last year when I think I've finally grown up.
My body is definitely showing my age of 53 but my face is not that old. My mum passed on her good genes. She died at 60 and looked 15 years younger.
My belly is about 4 years old, I can't get rid of the bloody thing grrr.

ooh happyfeet happy birthday . . . i didn't pick up on that when i read your post!! Hope you have a lovely day xx

My grandma is 70 and always used sunscreen I think people who go in the sun alot without sunscreen can thin your skin. I know a lady who had ulcers in her legs and every time she went away and sunbathed in the sun her skin turned into paper its so thin!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398520367.144875.jpg

Latest posts

Back