Agreements for self employed therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdenB

Reaction score
Hi I am taking over a salon where there are currently 2 self employed therapists. They do not have any form of contract or agreement at the moment and I think one would be useful but not sure what to include. The current arrangement is 50/50 split with me paying for all products utilities and laundry etc as well as providing a receptionist to deal with bookings make tea, tidy up and assist therapist with preparing rooms for treatments etc.. Is this reasonable or should I be aiming for 60/40?

Also do any of you have arrangements for when the staff do treatments on each other or on reception staff etc. Do they get a discount. If so how much?

I want to get off to a good start and be clear and fair on the way forward so trying to get prepared.

x

Hi I am taking over a salon where there are currently 2 self employed therapists. They do not have any form of contract or agreement at the moment and I think one would be useful but not sure what to include. The current arrangement is 50/50 split with me paying for all products utilities and laundry etc as well as providing a receptionist to deal with bookings make tea, tidy up and assist therapist with preparing rooms for treatments etc.. Is this reasonable or should I be aiming for 60/40?

Also do any of you have arrangements for when the staff do treatments on each other or on reception staff etc. Do they get a discount. If so how much?

I want to get off to a good start and be clear and fair on the way forward so trying to get prepared.

x
When the girls work on each other it's generally not charged where I am unless they're booking in as an actual client. (So if it's quiet, they've nobody in, do each other's threading or waxing as long as they're not turning away actual clients) if they get lashes done, they just pay half price (as they need to book in as a client for the time) or if the lash tech wants to stay back after we close and do it on her own time that's fine too.

We never charge team members, they're promoting the salon whether they have it done at a quiet time or book in on they're day off, if somebody has lashes on and other clients notice it generates more money for the therapist and in turn more money for the salon, it's a perk of the job.
if your providing everything you should be aiming more for 60%
Otherwise cost less 50% less GWE less laundry less reception staff less rent is going to leave you with barely anything,

We never charge team members, they're promoting the salon whether they have it done at a quiet time or book in on they're day off, if somebody has lashes on and other clients notice it generates more money for the therapist and in turn more money for the salon, it's a perk of the job.
if your providing everything you should be aiming more for 60%
Otherwise cost less 50% less GWE less laundry less reception staff less rent is going to leave you with barely anything,

Thanks for that Charley. I was thinking 60% seemed more reasonable given the reception costs and that we do all cleaning etc for them. I am going to put together a draft contract for them based more on that. Previous owner was also the main therapists so worked out ok for her then but I need to cut back on costs etc to give capital to build in new services etc. xx

Latest posts

Back