Air Base make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicki humbles01

Premium Geek
Reaction score
looking to train and get air base.

has anyone used it and what are your thoughts, is it as good as MAC ?!

xx

I will be watching this one as i am thinking about doing this as well, Sad thing though they are offering half price training at selected venues. Norwich is not one of the selected ones :confused:

I use airbase and did the training in Norwich which I got free from the pro beauty show in march. It's amazing I can't recommend it enough! My clients love it, especially good if you do bridal work.
They do lots of offers on the training so just look out for it, if you buy the kit you sometimes get it free!
Hth xx

Airbase is amazing!!!!!! I have used it for 4yrs mostly for bridal but also newspaper/magazine work. I use Mac Airbrush too but prefer AIRBASE. It takes alot of practice after training but once mastered its amazing. Light weight, buildable, evens skintone, conceals, waterproof, lasts ALL day and flawless. what more can you need x

looking to train and get air base.

has anyone used it and what are your thoughts, is it as good as MAC ?!

xx

I wouldn't compare the both as mac isn't air brush make up
However with mac it is very popular eith black skin as they have a good range of colours for foundations and concealers

With air base you don't need to top up with blot powder etc and it last for 16 hours etc.

I love mac and the overall finish it gives on black skin as they have a large colour range and I can't be bothered with mixing colours to match a clients skin as u do with air base. But I do love the effortless way airbase goes on and no need for touch ups !!!!

I cant compare between the two however i can say airbase is amazing :) my sister does it and is doing 2 weddings each weekend. She did mine a few weeks ago and it lasted amazing. She was the only.bridesmaid who didnt have airbase (i did offer!) and had to redo her make up in the afternoon. Im hoping to do course soon as well.
As for the comment about training prices, if.you buy full kit its free or keep checking as they do change prices regularly x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm trained in Airbase but didn't buy the kit as I wasn't blown away with the results and the training. I stick to manual application as it has never failed me. I wouldn't feel confident that I could give a perfect application with Airbase.

I use airbase and did the training in Norwich which I got free from the pro beauty show in march. It's amazing I can't recommend it enough! My clients love it, especially good if you do bridal work.
They do lots of offers on the training so just look out for it, if you buy the kit you sometimes get it free!
Hth xx
I might wait for Olympia in September then. Looking forward to adding something new to my "repertoire" I just love doing airbrush and also HVLP but I have 2 airbrush systems just sitting there collecting dust. At least one is coming out of retirement for airbrush tattoos now.

I will be watching this one as i am thinking about doing this as well, Sad thing though they are offering half price training at selected venues. Norwich is not one of the selected ones :confused:

Thanks everyone, I'm booked for training, can't wait :lol: ... Tanfastic, the training is free is you book the full professional package xx

Love love love airbase! Can't recommend it enough! Xx

Looking to book airbase on the 3 Sept do u think I should go for it ,hair is my main thing but love doing tanning and nails to ,how much to you all charge for airbase in home salon :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Can anyone tell me how many applications you get out of a bottle of foundation and how long can you keep an open bottle thanks :-D

I absolutely love Airbase - love the products, love the equipment, love the team at head office in Notts and my clients love it too :) As someone above says, it's very difficult to give it a fair comparison to the likes of MAC as its a totally different type of product.

To answer the other questions - you get a lot out of one bottle as nine times out of ten, you have to mix a couple of colours to get the exact tone right, so you only use a tiny bit from each bottle - I'd say you get about 30 applications out of one bottle (there abouts, possibly a bit more).

I charge £28 for a trial (that does include a full makeover trial though - Airbase foundation, bronzer and blusher and then my other brand on the eyes, brows and lips - and then £50 on the day. In terms of pricing, I'm pretty competitive for my area and could probably charge a little bit more, but want to stay affordable. Do some research into other make up artists in your area and also speak to the Airbase team who can help you price correctly for your area.

Def go for ut I say - fab product!! X

Im interested in doing this too i looked at it a few weeks ago. Can anyone tell me what is covered on the course? And do you have to have any previous make up experience or are there any pre requisites to do the course? I currently offer nails spray tanning waxing tinting eyelash extensions shellac minx etc but not sure if I'd need to do a beauty course or facial course before doing make up? And would I need to do another make up course to learn application techniques/methods
Thanks!

I absolutely love Airbase - love the products, love the equipment, love the team at head office in Notts and my clients love it too :) As someone above says, it's very difficult to give it a fair comparison to the likes of MAC as its a totally different type of product.

To answer the other questions - you get a lot out of one bottle as nine times out of ten, you have to mix a couple of colours to get the exact tone right, so you only use a tiny bit from each bottle - I'd say you get about 30 applications out of one bottle (there abouts, possibly a bit more).

I charge £28 for a trial (that does include a full makeover trial though - Airbase foundation, bronzer and blusher and then my other brand on the eyes, brows and lips - and then £50 on the day. In terms of pricing, I'm pretty competitive for my area and could probably charge a little bit more, but want to stay affordable. Do some research into other make up artists in your area and also speak to the Airbase team who can help you price correctly for your area.

Def go for ut I say - fab product!! X

Perfect thanks I think I will defiantly book today waiting for the lady getting back to me ,sorry for all the questions,do u find most people book after a trial,my head has a silte problem with trials being a different price,do you charge 50 if someone just wants to go straight in and get it done for there event :-D

Latest posts

Back