Air bubbles in liquid and powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leighanne

Reaction score
:( I am need of some help. I am having so much trouble with air bubbles in my product, I am using Retention+. I was living in Spain and had this trouble over there but since I have came back the same is happening. I have been a tech for 3 years and used several different companies products and had no trouble at all with air bubbles. I have changed my brush head which has helped but the monsters are still there, my mixture ratio is fine and still they are there so I am now lost and in great need of advice...........PLEASE :evil: :( :oops: :(

Go to search ... type in air bubbles ... hit search and look under the thread entitled ... Air bubbles.

Once again technique is involved and the answers are there. It is not a common problem here in Spain or otherwise unless your technique is incorrect with the product. Only minor changes are necessary for the product to work perfectly for you.

Leighanne here is a little snippet that I have found.............
Hope this helps...........

Nikki wrote:
Ensure your brush is saturated in monomer. Even though you rid all the bubbles in the dish, when you wipe your brush you could be allowing air back in.

Place your bead and allow to settle for a second before pressing.

press the bead firm enough to knock out the air bubbles, but gentle enough to smooth lovingly. Avoid prodding or patting at the bead this will just suck air bubbles into it.

Its not the powders you use that create the bubbles, its the way you apply the product.

Avoid dragging your brush though the powder, this will collect bubbles in your product. Rather than dragging for 1-2-3, at a 45 degree angle, place the tip of the brush in the powder and wait for 1-2-3, and lift and place the bead.

It seems most techs apply firmer pressure at zone 3 to avoid lifting, you use a smaller bead so you have enough monomer (unless you are practically wiping your brush dry at the dish), and if you drag, you drag for maybe 1-2, and not the full 1-2-3, which may be the reason why there are less or no air bubbles in zone 3 than zone 2.

Every one of these things helped me to stop getting my bubbles, and i dont miss them one bit!!!!

If I've confused you then let me know and i'll try and explain it better...

love Ruth xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks I will try the techniques given.

To recap:

There are really 3 things that contribute to bubbles forming within your product.

• Air trapped in brush
    If air is trapped in your brush during application, the air gets 'pumped' into your bead whilst you are working it.
    The easiest way to evict the air faster than... um... well... fast... Is to ensure that your brush is saturated prior to application. Do this by completely submerging your brush in monomer and gently twirling the brush on the bottom of the dish. When you do this, your dappen dish will look like a Jacuzzi as all of the air escapes your brush.
    Do this a couple of times to ensure your brush is saturated before application.
  • Air trapped in bead
    If you 'pull' through your powder (i.e. dragging a line through your powder) to form a bead... you may be pulling in excess air.
    Avoid a lot o dragging through your powder... dip at a slight angle to help prevent this.
  • Heat curing
    If you are working under a 239 watt lamp... the excess heat will cause bubbles to form in your product as excess monomer evaporates.
  • Carbonated monomer
    Be sure your monomer isn’t carbonated, comes in a green can with a red spot on the side, or whose name is a synonym with pixie. This type of liquid sucks for making enhancements.
  • Dry mix ratio
    Too dry of a mix leads to 'voids' or bubbles forming within your product as there isn’t enough monomer to saturate all of your polymer (powder)
  • Wet mix ratio
    The wetter the mix, the more the shrinkage of your product as it cures. The more the shrinkage, the more the product will pull away from itself, leaving voids or bubbles within the product.
  • Beating your bead
    Getting slap happy with your bead can whip air into the bead.

Think that’s it...

Hope this helps

Thankyou, you are a star. I will follow the instructions tomorow when I am not stressed and my baby lets me get on with it

Leighanne
xxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back