Air bubbles in my acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Young Nails is pretty slow setting but your ratio is too wet which will make it worse.
Young nail has fast set and regular I use fast set which used to set in 90 secs or less . What brand do you use ?

And there is probably the problem - never, ever, ever get acetone anywhere near a kolinsky sable brush. They are natural hairs, acetone will strip and dry them out.

Get a new brush, only ever clean it with fresh monomer (as in dispense some new monomer in to a dappen dish, clean brush, then dispose of it, every time you use it and between clients) see how you get on then.
That last picture posted was with a brand new brush never used & I only used monomer no acetone , fresh monomer

Young nail has fast set and regular I use fast set which used to set in 90 secs or less . What brand do you use ?

Used to set in 90 seconds..well they won't have changed it. Did you buy it directly from them or an authorised distributor?? Is it possible you hsve been sold a fake product? Have you tried asking them for advice?

Used to set in 90 seconds..well they won't have changed it. Did you buy it directly from them or an authorised distributor?? Is it possible you hsve been sold a fake product? Have you tried asking them for advice?
I will try to reach I to them & I only purchase from them directly

That last picture posted was with a brand new brush never used & I only used monomer no acetone , fresh monomer

I'm assuming you'd cleaned out the packing gum?

You said earlier you used acetone to clean your brush

I was trained by CND, I've used most brands over the last 15+ years, currently loving CJP - it's a UK brand, fairly new to the market but getting a loyal following quickly

I'm assuming you'd cleaned out the packing gum?

You said earlier you used acetone to clean your brush

I was trained by CND, I've used most brands over the last 15+ years, currently loving CJP - it's a UK brand, fairly new to the market but getting a loyal following quickly

Yes I’m familiar with cjp I plan on ordering from them one day . The new brush actually did not have much packing gum on it and I made sure to look at videos on how to unbox a new brush , no video involved acetone only monomer soo I only used monomer . I’m going to try one more time and clean the new brush with fresh monomer really well and see how to bead comes out

I remember watching this video, by young nails using YN products.
It might be useful to you if you haven't watched it already.

I remember watching this video, by young nails using YN products.
It might be useful to you if you haven't watched it already.

Yes thank you I have watched this video ...wasn’t much help especially since it was done on a nail forms .

That doesn't make any difference
In my opinion the application is different , you’re not going to apply Acrylic the same way you apply on tips

In my opinion the application is different , you’re not going to apply Acrylic the same way you apply on tips

Disagree
Explain why you think that?

I ditto trinity. We gotta keep out brushes away from acetone. Also, its best to not pick at the brush or put to much pressure on the bristles.
Do you use the 3 ball method or one bead method?

Last edited:
I’ve tried all 3 ball methods . It’s crazy though because I have air bubbles whether I use clear or color acrylic any brand . I’ve even tried monomers with the same brand acrylics . No difference. This is really stressful

Are you working in a different room? Just wondering if the temperature has dropped as it should also be setting much quicker then that.

It’s something I’m doing , I’ve worked in different environments, different brands etc.

Shaking the monomer?

I don’t think I do that but what problems can that cause ?

Shaking will add airbubbles. One bead method is the best method for me

I'm still in training so don't have the experience of the previous posters but I was under the impression that you can reduce air bubbles by making sure your brush is free of bubbles by splaying the bristles of the brush on the bottom of a dampen dish filled with monomer. Is this myth or does this actually help?

I'm still in training so don't have the experience of the previous posters but I was under the impression that you can reduce air bubbles by making sure your brush is free of bubbles by splaying the bristles of the brush on the bottom of a dampen dish filled with monomer. Is this myth or does this actually help?

You should do this before each set to remove any air

Latest posts

Back