Air bubbles in my acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One bead method is a common contributor to bubbles caused by shrinkage. Most bubbles are caused by shrinkage, the larger the bead, the more the physical shrinkage during cure. Smaller, more controlled beads can help, but if your mix is too wet, any size bead will show bubbles!

Hope this helps

Correct no matter how small or large the bead is bubbles still show . Something I have also noticed , even though my brush may have enough liquid. It seems as though once I pick up my bead (powder) it is not fully saturated. Example : some people will sit a bead on the nail while it still looks a bit clumpy and the bead will still properly form smoothly without air bubble . But I can not say the same for myself .

Also I can only remove soo much liquid or I can’t even pick up a bead . It’s like I want to say it’s the ratio but at the same time I don’t think it is .

I do try to remove the air bubbles by pressing down on the dappen dish ... doesn’t seem to help though . Also I noticed when I wipe my brush to remove excess liquid I notice bubbles on the brush before even dipping into the powder . I think if I can stop the Bubbles from being on my brush, it will make a difference . Idk just throwing things out there .

Hey everyone. I seem to be having a huge issue with tiny and noticeable air bubble in my acrylic , whether it’s color acrylic or clear . I’ve tried different brushes , monomers , powders, brands etc. each all doing the same thing . I’ve also tried every liquid to powder ratio, still no difference . Even the smallest amount of patting, still air bubbles. IVe tried all of the techniques you can to prevent air bubbles . No help . I’ve been doing nails for years and I’ve never had this problem . Old or new acrylic btw. This is a picture of air bubble those tiny dark spots you see are tiny holes . This is an example of many .
EF4090B7-EFD3-4CA6-9387-1D1ADE887A65.jpeg
F6AE4D99-63A8-44CC-84B6-FB894441109B.jpeg
61C537B4-985C-4811-AF69-FB8835198B51.jpeg

** [merged threads] **

Your previous thread about this has sone new replies I believe, you might want to revisit it.

Also, that pink bead is too wet, as previously said.

If I remember correctly you still haven't said where you did your training

Last edited:
Tammy Taylor instructors . Also I don’t think the bead is too wet . If you check out young nails you will see that they use there products the same (wet) as well as Tammy Taylor , some products settle they will also go over the side if they are not tilted down . If I use a bead any dryer then such my brush will pick up a dry bead . Whether it is a too wet of a bead let’s just say it isn’t, let’s just say the ratio is fine& that’s not the issue , what could be other causes of soo many bubbles no matter the brand I use .

Your previous thread about this has sone new replies I believe, you might want to revisit it.

Also, that pink bead is too wet, as previously said.

If I remember correctly you still haven't said where you did your training
Also I have checked all of the other replies , this is really weird to me for this to be happening . Even when I had the least experience I was not troubled with this issue . And please check out the responses to my old thread as well . Thanks

So sorry this is happening to you I can’t imagine how frustrating it is! In you first pictures the acrylic looks like it’s crystallised, which only happened to me when I was working in a cold/hot room, but your last pictures they do look like little bubbles, I wish I knew what was causing them so I’m no help but sending you a little hug!

So sorry this is happening to you I can’t imagine how frustrating it is! In you first pictures the acrylic looks like it’s crystallised, which only happened to me when I was working in a cold/hot room, but your last pictures they do look like little bubbles, I wish I knew what was causing them so I’m no help but sending you a little hug!
The first picture because of the glitter or what not that it looks like that but it is actual little holes in it . But thanks it made me feel a little better!!hugs

Update ! I am a chronic wipers I wipe my brush too much I have cut down on wiping , which I assume was drying out my brush . Less wiping has helped a lot but I still deal with the air bubbles

I think a 1:1 course with an educator may be beneficial and you can iron out any problems you’re having and find the reason for so many air bubbles.

Latest posts

Back