Air bubbles under tip application newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailBarista

Reaction score
I've been an esthethician for over 7 years now, and just recently took an acrylic course that was being held at the college in which I graduated medical aesthetics. I recently had a client who had very short nails naturally and very slightly curbed downwards. When applying the clear nail tip there was very visible air bubbles beneath the tip. I was taught that the absolute minimal amount of air bubbles - to none is the appropriate technique..... This happened on all 10 fingers! What have I done wrong? What can I do to correct this? And finally, will her nails last?!

The tips were too curved for her nails. You can try pressing the sides and front down at the same time so it doesn't have time to spring up.
Another alternative is use a tip much too large but where the centre fits the curve of the nail properly then file the sides in. That gives you a well fitting flatter tip.

The tips were too curved for her nails. You can try pressing the sides and front down at the same time so it doesn't have time to spring up.
Another alternative is use a tip much too large but where the centre fits the curve of the nail properly then file the sides in. That gives you a well fitting flatter tip.

Thank you I really appreciate you input. Do you think they will lift easier in this case?...

Yes. If there are more bubbles there is less attached surface area. They might well hold though but depends how she uses her hands.

Latest posts

Back