Air Bubbles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailTechi

Reaction score
Hi,

Can any1 help? Anytime I do gel or acrylic nail extensions I end up with air bubbles, does any1 now how to stop this?

Thanks

when using l&p try using a wetter bead??? and try warming the hands hope this helps x

Hi,
Are you getting all the air out of your brush at the start? "Burp" your brush.
Maybe you are over working the product, I know over working Gel can cause air bubbles....But I have never had them in L & P.
Good luck. I am sure you will receive expert help on here very soon.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

You need to make sure you put your brush all the way to the bottom of your monomer, spread the hairs so all bubbles are released out your brush.

Make sure your mix ratio is correct ie: not too wet

When you placed the bead on the nail, push the bead in place. Try not to pat as this will cause more bubbles also use the tip of your brush not the belly as this will release more monomer

More often than not it will come down to your mix ratio, so I would work on getting the perfect bead :)

over working or incorrect mix ratio, esecially if your bead hasnt fully absorbed the monomer and u start over working!

The same with gel too if you overwork it you will get bubbles also when you scoop it out on your brush be careful as you can sometimes get air bubbles then too.

They can play a small part but Bubbles in L&P are not really due to incorrect mix or even air in your brush so much as they are due to the technician working the bead too soon before the L&P has had a chance to start to form up a polymer structure. Bubbles can appear in any product but the more sophisticated the product chemistry, the more you need to understand to solve issues like this one.

What I mean by this is that as soon as you mix your monomer with your polymer millions of chemical reactions start to take place. When this happens OXYGEN (AIR) is formed and released ... usually through the product and into the air .... HOWEVER if you start to pat and push the bead around excessively or too soon, you end up trapping the air (BUBBLES) inside the product before it has a chance to dissipate.

The SOLUTION is to, of course wet out your brush well first, before making the bead and then place it and let it settle (just take a breath ) and then start to gently press your product into place and then smooth over the top. You wont have any bubbles.

Doesn't understanding product chemistry help to solve your problems?????? Why not take CND Master Classes and you'll understand allot more? :green:

They can play a small part but Bubbles in L&P are not really due to incorrect mix or even air in your brush so much as they are due to the technician working the bead too soon before the L&P has had a chance to start to form up a polymer structure. Bubbles can appear in any product but the more sophisticated the product chemistry, the more you need to understand to solve issues like this one.

What I mean by this is that as soon as you mix your monomer with your polymer millions of chemical reactions start to take place. When this happens OXYGEN (AIR) is formed and released ... usually through the product and into the air .... HOWEVER if you start to pat and push the bead around excessively or too soon, you end up trapping the air (BUBBLES) inside the product before it has a chance to dissipate.

The SOLUTION is to, of course wet out your brush well first, before making the bead and then place it and let it settle (just take a breath ) and then start to gently press your product into place and then smooth over the top. You wont have any bubbles.

Doesn't understanding product chemistry help to solve your problems?????? Why not take CND Master Classes and you'll understand allot more? :green:

Thanks for your advice, I will have to look into that course, already pair over a £1200 for training and feels like not been taught half of what you need to know!

I the Gel I have also has air bubbles, there are actual bubbles in the gel when it is still in the Tub, before I even use it, any advice here?

Thanks again.

If you see bubbles in the gel once you have placed it on the nail, then just take the point of your brush and 'poke' into it which usually bursts it and it disappears. I would question the quality of a Gel that has bubbles in it in the pot before you start to even use it.

Latest posts

Back