Air Bubbles!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen

Reaction score
Have we discussed this before? Sorry, if it's an old subject, but I couldn't find anything with the search.

How do I prevent getting airbubbles in my overlay? :?

I'm using Retention+ and I think it' the Perfect Colour Powders (the ones that come in the foundation kit). The airbubbles are mostly noticable in zone 2 in the pink, but I also have a few in the white tip, zone 1 area.

I'm charging my brush with monomer to rid it of all the air and then I'm placing the bead on the nail and waiting a few moments for it to settle before working with it (or at least I was before this hot weather started), but I'm still getting airbubbles!!! :(

How do I get lovely clear nail beds with no airbubbles like Christie's nails???

Anyone got any ideas???

Karen

:rainbow:

hi ya i have a feeling this is something to do with
a) making sure you have dispelled all the air from your brush when in the monomer (press out all bubbles)
b) making sure you are after letting your ball of acrylic settle for a mo that you are then pressing it into place
could be wrong :rolleyes: so would love to know what could be causing it too!
nickki jonesx :D

i was told when i got tiny air bubbles, that once i had applied the product in place, do baby presses over the top to push the bubbles out.

Try this and see if it works it did for me.

lisa

Hi karen,

Ensure your brush is saturated in monomer. Even though you rid all the bubbles in the dish, when you wipe your brush you could be allowing air back in.

Place your bead and allow to settle for a second before pressing. :bouncy:

press the bead firm enough to knock out :gun: the air bubbles, but gentle enough to smooth lovingly. Avoid prodding or patting at the bead this will just suck air bubbles into it.

Its not the powders you use that create the bubbles, its the way you apply the product.

Avoid dragging your brush though the powder, this will collect bubbles in your product. Rather than dragging for 1-2-3, at a 45 degree angle, place the tip of the brush in the powder and wait for 1-2-3, and lift and place the bead.

It seems most techs apply firmer pressure at zone 3 to avoid lifting, you use a smaller bead so you have enough monomer (unless you are practically wiping your brush dry at the dish), and if you drag, you drag for maybe 1-2, and not the full 1-2-3, which may be the reason why there are less or no air bubbles in zone 3 than zone 2.

Every one of these things helped me to stop getting my bubbles, and i dont miss them one bit!!!!

If I've confused you then let me know and i'll try and explain it better... :huh:

:thumbsup:

ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACTOR, IS TO WATCH YOUR MIX RATIO, TOO WET OR TOO DRY, CAN CAUSE BUBBLES.

LOOK AT THE BEAD WHEN YOU PICK UP,
AND WHEN YOU PLACE IT DOWN AS NIKKI SAYS, LET IT SETTLE, YOU WILL SEE IT GENTLY DOME OUT ON THE NAIL, THEN PRESS AND SMOOTH
DEBBIE EASTER[/quote]

Thank you everyone! :D

I think I do drag my brush through the powder - perhaps that's it!

I'll have a practise at the nail trainer over the weekend.

I'll try pressing rather than patting too.

Thank you for all your replies!

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back