Air Bubbles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi there:lol:

just wondered if anyone can help and give me some advise as to why i might be getting small air bubbles in my acrylic ( they are only noticeable once i have finished filing and buffing) i can kind of remember my tutor saying something about getting air bubbles in the acrylic but cant remember why this could be happening.:mad:

please can some one help

im trying to get myself up to scratch as i do not do this as a full time jub but like to keep my hand in it for when friends and family ask for sets. im one of these people that goes away and worries for about a week as to weather or not the nails are ok.
:cry:
any advise welcome
thank you xx:green:

remember to burb your brush to make sure there is no air in it
also let the bead of acrylic settle a bit first before you start
pressing it.

Hi Hun,
Yep I too think your brush needs a good BURP!!! You need to burp your brush every time you get it out of your nail box, I suppose as it drys out a bit of air gets in. Good luck, Lotsa luv x

Hi Hun,
Yep I too think your brush needs a good BURP!!! You need to burp your brush every time you get it out of your nail box, I suppose as it drys out a bit of air gets in. Good luck, Lotsa luv x

Have to say that 'burping' your brush is a new on on me? :eek: Teaching involves explanation ....

What is meant is to make sure you have removed all the air from your brush by thoroughly immersing it in your monomer until you see no more bubbles escaping before you start to make beads with it.

It really doesn't help anyone if no explanation is given as to what you mean peeps.!!

The other most important thing is to make sure your mix is correct (not too wet or too dry) as incorrect mix causes bubbles in your work.

Third most important thing is to apply the bead to the nail and then let it relax or rest for 1-3 seconds to let the polymerisation process begin before pressing it out. I say pressing not loads of patting which also can put bubbles in your product. HTH

thanks for you replies,

ill be getting in as much practise as possible and will be using all your good advise

thanks once again xx
louise

Latest posts

Back