Air conditioning or Dyson fan in log cabin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbe!

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm melting and I feel it's affecting my wax removal!
I have a log cabin and seriously need to think about keeping it cool. Has anyone tried air con or dyson fan in theirs? Which is best?!
Thank you x

Other than perhaps being aesthetically more pleasing than standard fans, Dyson fans really aren't anything special and not worth the money in my opinion. They are no better than a upright fan I've got. Air con would be far more effective than a fan which is just circulating the hot air, but it may be more expensive to run.

Air Con if you can afford it but you'd be looking at a few grand.

Ah thanks for replies, the rain is here to give me time to sort something! X

Igenix air cooler from Amazon- add iced water and it blows cold around the room

I did a lot of research into the different options recently for my room as I can’t have the window open due to privacy. My room gets boiling and it does affect the wax. I use a regular tower fan on top of unit and have it blowing towards my couch. It helps. I also open the door and window between clients to allow more air to circulate but need to space out clients to allow this to happen. I read air coolers which take water or ice cause more humidity in a room that has no ventilation and given how humid my room currently gets in this hot weather, It would only add to that. Air con requires an unsightly hose to be thrown through an open window which I can’t do due to privacy. Or built in to the room which I believe requires an ugly unit on my outside wall similar to what I have in my conservatory. Being residential, with a front room, I don’t want this, so it seems I’m stuck with spacing out clients and using a fan. Air con is expensive to install and to run. Hopefully you’ll have more options than I.

Thanks for your replies. I'm anxiously waiting for my Igenix cooler to arrive today, aghhhh! Hopefully it will help. I'll keep you informed! X

It works really well with ice packs in the drawer, plus it's really warm today so I'm so chuffed! X

It works really well with ice packs in the drawer, plus it's really warm today so I'm so chuffed! X

Do you run it with a window open? I was tempted to get one but concerned about the humidity increase as I can’t open a window and do have absolutely no airflow during treatments.

Do you run it with a window open? I was tempted to get one but concerned about the humidity increase as I can’t open a window and do have absolutely no airflow during treatments.
I don't like to have the window open either as I worry that the blind will blow about and my customer may feel like they will be exposed!
I had it on for couple of hours on fan and about an hour on humidity and I didn't have any water on windows etc. Hopefully it will be ok the more I use it x

Hi all, I'm melting and I feel it's affecting my wax removal!
I have a log cabin and seriously need to think about keeping it cool. Has anyone tried air con or dyson fan in theirs? Which is best?!
Thank you x

Every. Single. Year. I say I need an air con and it’s always too late. It’s July now and only about 8 weeks of very hot weather left. So I’m persevering.

Air cons are always cheaper to buy in winter and every year I say I will wait til winter, it arrives and I say I managed fine I don’t need it.

So this year I have decided I’m having one installed as a christmas present to myself hahahaaaa.

Til then I have a regular fan in the room and then the wax down..use talc on bodies instead of oil so it still sticks. Turn the wax down a bit. Use a cold pre wax spray that has been in the fridge. An ‘ooo that’s cold’ is better than needing to wax them twice to get all the hair off.

Latest posts

Back