Air pocket in false nails? Please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkh

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I have been a nail tech for 3 years. I had a client from June and I refill for her every 2 week. and in the last several months when she return for her fill I find a large white spot look like an air pocket in the center of some of her nails and the acrylic is sealed around the air pocket ( cant find any lifting ) . I dont really know what to do and how to solve that problem? And now worrying that air pocket will turn greenie soon. Did I do sonething wrong? Any advice ? I just can’t figure it out. Thanks you soo much

This can happen after a few rebalances. In fact I'm on rebalance number 11 and it has happened to me - mainly on thumbs. It is often down to length but can also be 'what you do... Don't realise you've done it... And forget about it' syndrome.

My nails are natural, long, coated with CND Brisa and painted with CND Shellac. As they are always painted, I don't get to see what's beneath the Shellac until Kat cone to rebalance me. If I had banged a nail a few days before and forgotten about it, that could cause a pocket lift.

Now... To get rid of pocket lift is an art and one all nail pros must learn. The first thing you need to remember is not to file ON the lift... You must file ABOVE the lift which causes the lift to flake away leaving you with perfect, unharmed and un-buffed natural nails.

We do a Real Rebalance class or 121 that sounds like it could really help. It's easy to sort once you know how I promise. HTH's. L&R
Samantha

Thanks Samantha! But my worry now is will the air pocket turn greenie ? Because I did refill for her yesterday and leave the air pocket the way they are and she wont be able to come back until 2 or 3 weeks later. Thanks

Thanks Samantha! But my worry now is will the air pocket turn greenie ? Because I did refill for her yesterday and leave the air pocket the way they are and she wont be able to come back until 2 or 3 weeks later. Thanks
It could happen. Its a pocket open to any bacteria that may get in there - all I can say is you have a choice; call her now and redo or - book a class, cling to faith that they'll be ok for another 2/3 weeks and by the time you see her you'll know what to do... not sure what else to say...

Samantha, will the CND academies start doing more Brisa Classes? I find my local one has only done 1 set of each "skill building" classes this year for Brisa yet they have put on a number of them in l&p so it's a little disheartening for the gel users.

Emily, contact your educator directly and let her know your keeping your eye out for a skill building clas- often they are scheduled with demand in mind. If nobody is asking for something we may not run it as frequently.

Centre pocket lifting does need to be removed properly during a rebalance because as you correctly say, it does leave the potential for a bacterial infection to take hold. However, (im not sure you'll find this more or less worrying- sorry!) I would expect the client to more likely lose the enhancement before they return or have a full blown catch-in-your-hair lift when she returns because the lack of well adhered product.

If you are experiencing this frequently, check your mix ratio is not too wet (too wet can cause the product to shrink more, causing it to 'pop' off the nail in the centre), ensure your client follows aftercare too- if they are hard on their hands the product can become more brittle as it ages and more prone to breakages and lifts as it isnt as flexible.
If its just this client you experience it with then its likely she's being hard on her hands, not being as diligent with aftercare etc.
If its on multiple clients check your ratios, make sure old lift is fully removed before applying new product and/or get in touch with your educator- you can never learn to much!

You can see a list of all classes/dates and locations here- there may be someone else not too far that has a date in for a skill building classes, type in your postcode and see who's nearby then if you click on their name you can see all upcoming classes;
https://my.sweetsquared.com/education/locations

Latest posts

Back