airbrush broken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone can help me out here.....

I gave my airbrush a really thorough cleaning yesterday....left it to soak overnight as suggested to me in an earlier post, but now my little lever that you use to regulate the flow of paint has fallen off I just start thinking i've got the little tinker back on, only to have it fall back off again!!!

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, how did you get it back in its little hole properly?

I'm really panicking now cos i'm gonna lose loads of business whilst it's out of action........ please help me !!!!!

what airbrush do you have?

Sorry, i forgot to say .... its the iwata HP-B airbrush. Hope you can help me out Fiona

OK Mandy, you have the same airbrush as I have - I will have a thorough look at mine and see if I can help - unless someone else does in the meantime.

Do you mean the little wing back lever or the trigger?

If you put the trigger in, it has 2 little bits sticking out on the bottom, make sure its facing the right way, make sure it bounces on the valve, use a pair of tweezers to tuck the wing back lever in behind it with the little extra bit sticking up. Then put the needle back in and tighten the needle chuck, all should be back to normal!

It is the trigger thats come off, and yes, it does have 2 little sticky -out bits. i had them facing the right way round, but when i 'sat' it back in what i thought was the right place, it still didn't seem to depress properly.

Which part is the wing lever? could that be stopping me from sitting it in its place properly?

Sorry to be a pain, but im so angry and frustrated with it. I show it so much love and attention, and this is the way it repays me !!

The trigger should sit on the valve and bounce if its in the right place. The little wing back lever (looks like a C shape) sits behind it and the needle goes through both. Im sitting here with mine now and if i was clever i could take a picture but im not clever, now i sound silly!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!

Its very fiddly so whenever you take the needle out, always keep the gun upright so your trigger stays put!

Thanx Chocolate

I'll have a look at that in the morning cos i left it at work. do i have to push the little wing lever back with tweezers before i put the trigger back in?

I'll let you know how i get on.... keep your fingers crossed for me!

Chocolate, what's the little extra bit sticking up on the wing lever that you mentioned in your earlier post?

God, you must think you've got a right one here!!

Sorry for being so thick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back