airbrush design won't come off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
I did some airbrush french designs on a client last week, on her natural nails. They chipped a little over the weekend, so she tried to remove them, with polish remover, both acetone and non acetone, and she can't get it off:eek:.

She had a nail strengthener on already when I got there, we decided to leave it in place. It was a Betterware make apparently (she's bringing me the bottle tomorrow so i can see what ingredients are in it). I then used Star Nails base coat, then I did the cloud white medea airbrush paint with a coat of the airbrush varnish over that, then a coat of top coat made by salon system. She used a topcoat a few days later, I don't know what make.

The only thing I can see causing this would be a reaction between the strengthener and the base coat, as I've never had a problem like this before!

If anyone knows what the problem is, and how I can remove the designs please let me know, as I'm seeing her tomorrow to try and get them off.

Thanks in advance :hug:

it should come off with some acetone.
a lot of comercial polish removers are really weak, even the ones that contain acetone can be heavily diluted.
wet the pad, leave it on the finger for a few seconds to penetrate and then wipe away. treat it like a red polish, you know the score.
if its the topcoat that wont disolve, give it a gentle buff to break up the surface before removing with acetone.

It sounds like the top coat to me - do you know which one she used those few days later? It sounds like you may need to buff it off.

I think what,s on top of the airbrush design is the problem.
The airbrush paint itself is waterbased and should go off easilly regardless on which basecoat it is applied.
I think that what,s on top of it is pretty thought and doesn,t react to your nail polish removers.

The basecoat shouldn,t be the problem to my opinion since it was allready dry before you started to airbrush on top of it.

it should come off with some acetone.
a lot of comercial polish removers are really weak, even the ones that contain acetone can be heavily diluted.
wet the pad, leave it on the finger for a few seconds to penetrate and then wipe away. treat it like a red polish, you know the score.
if its the topcoat that wont disolve, give it a gentle buff to break up the surface before removing with acetone.

Well, it came off with my Star Nails non acetone remover, just like you said! It's amazing, she'd tried two different brands of remover, one acetone one non acetone! Just goes to show, salon products are so much better!

Thanks all:hug:

Actually I like the idea of it not coming off lol Its nice to know you can find something to keep it on for once. Shame it chipped at the edge tho. Glad you got it sorted.

Latest posts

Back