airbrush gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisondenn

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good airbrush gun specifically for nails. I have an olympus hp-8 and cannot get on with it. When i phoned the airbrush company they said i should not have been sold this particular gun for doing nail airbrushing. I've been told the badger airbrush gun is a good one for nails. Can somebody please advise me, many thanks.

The Badger and the Iwata HP-B seem to be the most talked about airbrushes for nails - check out All Things Nails (Badgers) and K-Sa-Ra (Iwatas) in the Industry Links on here if you dont know them already.

also ka sa ra do some airbrush equipment and training hth xx

I have two essential nails guns i think they are made by iwata for essentail nails - they look the same

Hi

I posted a thread a short while ago with reference to a wonderfull man that i'd discovered called Mike!
He sorts out airbrush package deals depending on your skill base and budget. If you search under Great Airbrush Packages you can see a copy of the package i brought.

I'll pm you his email details and if you want to email him, i'm sure he will be able to help, i know a few of the other geeks have brought from him also and have not heard any complaints.

Happy airbrushing

Taz
x

CreativeMad said:
Hi

I posted a thread a short while ago with reference to a wonderfull man that i'd discovered called Mike!
He sorts out airbrush package deals depending on your skill base and budget. If you search under Great Airbrush Packages you can see a copy of the package i brought.

I'll pm you his email details and if you want to email him, i'm sure he will be able to help, i know a few of the other geeks have brought from him also and have not heard any complaints.

Happy airbrushing

Taz
x
Does mike have a web site

hi ya i e mailed him several times but got no reply could you pm me his details again thanxs xx

CreativeMad said:
Hi

Happy airbrushing

Taz
x
Hi Taz, does Mike only do airbrush guns for nails or tanning as well? x

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying, i've been in hospital having an operation on my toe again!!

I've pm'd you Mike's details, he does have a website which is currently being built and presently sells alternative medicine products. He is just branching into Beauty and Nail Care.

Once the website is built i will put the address up on the board, however Mike is happy to send catalogues out to anyone who is interested.

I'm sure he appreciates all the interest and if you do deal with him, i'm sure you will agree he is a fantastic guy with excellent aftercare service! (He got the MD of an american company to call me as i was having problems with a product!)

All the best

Taz
x

...am I right in saying as long as the needle/nozzel is 2mm then the airbrush is fine to do nail art?

alisondenn said:
Can anybody recommend a good airbrush gun specifically for nails. I have an olympus hp-8 and cannot get on with it. When i phoned the airbrush company they said i should not have been sold this particular gun for doing nail airbrushing. I've been told the badger airbrush gun is a good one for nails. Can somebody please advise me, many thanks.

Hi Alison, The Olympos HP-8 is fine for airbrushing nails, but you need to use the correct airbush paints with it. Too Much Fun in the States use and sell them specifically for airbrushed nail art. I have two of them, and while they work fine, personally, I find them fiddly and prefer my Iwatas and Badgers Buy one of those and you can't really go wrong (just be aware that while Badgers cope with Createx paint just fine, Iwatas tend not to get on with it - I'd recommend Medea airbrush paints which are lovely.). Spare parts are readily available for both these makes, at least in the UK they are - like goldust here in Ireland! ;)

I use Su-Do airbrushing equipment. I have the T2000 compressor and the XL2000 air gun. Marvellous, honestly. What can I say they've been wounderful to me. When I bought the equipment they put it together and were really helpful. The aftercare service was second to none. I am soooooo glad I chose them. Rock On Su-Do!!!

Just to bump this back up - as I wondered if the details of 'Mike's website / contact details are available yet?

Thanks!

Hi, Im having terrible trouble with my airbrush, its spitting, Im very new to all of this and the airbrush was working ok until I didnt clean it the other day when I was sulking that I couldnt do it right!! The paint now comes through but spitting, Ive taken it apart and cleaned and scrubbed, it looks clean now but I dont know what the problem is with it. Ive tried nail airbrushing with my airbrush I use for spray tanning but you have to fill up the bottle with the paint and waste lots, as it is not gravity fed. I hope this makes sense and if any body can give me any ideas, it would be great. Cant afford to buy a new one. Cheers

Bud said:
Just to bump this back up - as I wondered if the details of 'Mike's website / contact details are available yet?

Thanks!

I think I know which website you are talking about http://www.econo-med.com/acatalog/NAIL_ART.html

The guy is called Mike Tucker or something similar ... sells his mobile tables on Ebay.

The website is very interesting, I have bought a pedi stool this week, came almost overnight.

hth

I love my Sudo airbrush system from Creative Nail Design Manchester. Lovely and light to use, easy to clean...Foolproof!!! invented for people like me!!

Latest posts

Back