Airbrush/Henna Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone have any info on either henna tattoos or airbrush body art. We have had a couple of clients talking about it and saying they cant find anywhere local that does it. Trying to offer more services (just nails and spray tans at present), would love any info on whether your opinions are if its a good idea/bad idea, training required, equipment needed etc. Just a fleeting thought at the mo, but would love someone knowledgable to share their info ?? :hug:

I've trained in mehindi henna body art.
I'm afraid I don't do any cos I'm just not arty enough. I think you have to have that bit of flair to be able to pull it off.

the problem that doing henna is that the client has to keep the area that has been decorated still for 30 minutes before you clean it off.

I'm afraid I don't do any cos I'm just not arty enough. I think you have to have that bit of flair to be able to pull it off.

the problem that doing henna is that the client has to keep the area that has been decorated still for 30 minutes before you clean it off.

From what I've heard, it's best to keep the henna on as long as possible - several hours is best if you can, although you should get a reasonable level of stain after 30 minutes.

With airbrush tattoos, have a look at Temptu, impet2us - they supply an excellent range of temporary tattoo inks and supplies, e.g. airbrushes, stencils, etc - and I think they may also be able to arrange training.

How much henna work have you done so far incidentally? Do you have any examples of your work?

I may well have a photo of my own hand somewhere

I did a lot of practice when I first did the course but was never 'good enough' to put it onto my price list.

I may well have a photo of my own hand somewhere

Cool, how long after applying the henna did you take that pic? And how long did you leave the henna on to "take"?

I haven't tried Henna tattoos but airbrush ones are quite popular here, especially Dragons!

Black-Dragon20web.jpg

dragon20web.jpg

I haven't tried Henna tattoos but airbrush ones are quite popular here, especially Dragons!

Black-Dragon20web.jpg

dragon20web.jpg

Gosh, they're really fab !! Thanks everyone for the info, I know Ruth has given me a link but if anyone else can tell me of training bodies that would be great xxxx

Cool, how long after applying the henna did you take that pic? And how long did you leave the henna on to "take"?

about 30 minutes before I took it off. My henna 'takes' an orange hue on my own skin, wheras it can be darker or redder on other skin tones.

The airbrushing is definetly a good one to go for as its instant, you can mix colours for contouring and you can use stencils.

I'm pleased that I did the henna course, and I use it sometimes as part of a 2 hour workshop, but I would never advertise it.

I do sometimes decorate my shins and tops of feet at this time of year with wearing 3/4 lengths but not done it this year.

I know Ruth has given me a link but if anyone else can tell me of training bodies that would be great xxxx
Not sure of training bodies as such, but these links may help.
https://www.airbrushbodyart.co.uk/
Airbrushbodyart give training with equipment bought (although I'm not sure if they would with the starter set - maybe worth seeing if they'd give training individually though)
Airbrushes, Airbrush supplies and compressors
These are mainly down south though - not sure of any nearer you.

Edited to add - sorry that last link takes you to nail art, but if you look at the side box, there is a section for body art.

Gosh, they're really fab !! Thanks everyone for the info, I know Ruth has given me a link but if anyone else can tell me of training bodies that would be great xxxx

Check the British Bodypainting Association website, British Bodypainting Association - the lady who maintains the site is Emma Cammack, Body Painter London, Body painting UK, Body Painter London, Temporary Tattoos - who runs her own body painting courses in Wiltshire - so maybe one of these may be suitable for what you need?

Here's a link to Emma's body painting masterclasses anyway... www.emmacammack.com

I know this is a bit late, but we do airbrush tattoos and are in Lancashire. I don't know of many people in the Yorkshire area that do it but we will travel if the client is willing to pay. I am contactable on [email protected]

Hi there, does anyone have any info on either henna tattoos or airbrush body art. We have had a couple of clients talking about it and saying they cant find anywhere local that does it. Trying to offer more services (just nails and spray tans at present), would love any info on whether your opinions are if its a good idea/bad idea, training required, equipment needed etc. Just a fleeting thought at the mo, but would love someone knowledgable to share their info ?? :hug:

Hi This is a late reply, i am trained in Henna?mehndi tatoos and quite frequently do bridal henna. If you ever need help in your salon I could be of help as i am self employed.

Latest posts

Back