Airbrush machine.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
I was surfing ebay browsing for airbrush kit and was wondering if the machines used for nail art are different than "ordinary" airbrush machines? Basically what I'm asking is If I find a good deal on ebay can it be any company / brand? Would it be functionnal for nail art?

Ty for any advise.

Kat meow

Hi Kat

By the word machine, do you mean the airbrush or the compressor that runs it?

Anyway, yes it can make a difference, dont be spending your pennies on something that is not suitable, or it will be a waste.

The airbrush should be a double action, so that you control air and paint flow from the little trigger on the top. I personally prefer internal mix gravity feed, (a cavity or a cup on the top of the airbrush) or side fed from a bottle is ok. The nozzel should be about 0.2mm - 0.35mm. Makes such as Iwata, Badger, Passch, and Devilbiss are good.

Your compressor should be suitable for use in the UK, or you will have to get a transformer. It should run at aprox 15-30 PSI so you are covered for nails and body. If its got a regulator, thats great, you can control the pressure. Find out the running time. If its a little one it may only run for 30 minutes then need cooling down. If it bigger, then you can get a silent one, with an unlimited running time. These are normally automatic compressors and come with moisture traps and cooling hoses. Still small enough for mobile use though. If you want to go mobile, then ask the weight. You are better off with a piston compressor rather than the old noisy diaphragm compressors. If you want to use air from a can, its ok for an emergency, but def not for long term use.

Prob confused you now, PM your address and i will send you my free booklet on how to choose your equipment if it would help.

Happy New Year! :D

Always ask for a guarentee as you must be careful when buying electrical equipment.

Sawasdee ka

Chocolate very good what you speak but kat from canada ka .

We have iwata air brush system and we bring from England and can use in Thailand we have nail creations air gun and a parche and we think both are very very good and the 2 double action .

If you look web site www.air2art.com and www.air2art.com.au you will see air brush systems and air brush guns and them sell air brush stensil for nail and for body art .

We have salon compressor iwata is 1/6hp 110v and 220v psi 1 -70 28 lbs 41x33x18cm very quiet 18 month guarantee shut off automatically when not in use air regulator for precise air adjustment .

Mobile compressor 1/8hp 110v or 220 v 1-35 psi 8 lbs 25x18x16 cm shut off same salon compressor when not in use lightweight and portable 18 month guarentee ideal for mobile operations .

air brush gun nail creations 1 we use extremely reliable excellent performance and durabillity easy to clean fantastic control and smoothoperation 0.2mm nozzle for fine work detail 18 month guarantee .

i copy this from book i have and evey thing them speak is good because we have and very very happy .

kop khun ka mui ka

Kat sawasdee ka

Some ladys have many customer for air brush and some not many customer in my salon we not have many customer for air brush nail but many for nail polish and nail art .

some thing maybe you think about b4 you buy air brush ka i happy we buy because we learn how to use for future and we do some body art .

Kop khun ka mui ka

Just having a nosey at your very interesting and helpful reply re airbrushing compressors etc. I would like to get in to airbrushing and am after a second hand one. If you have a spare copy of the free guideI would love to receive one. Hope I'm not being too cheeky, but if you never ask, you don't get. If poss send to Karen Johnson, 14a Walders Ave Sheffield s64ay. Ta v much xxxxxx Karen
QUOTE=chocolate]Hi Kat

By the word machine, do you mean the airbrush or the compressor that runs it?

Anyway, yes it can make a difference, dont be spending your pennies on something that is not suitable, or it will be a waste.

The airbrush should be a double action, so that you control air and paint flow from the little trigger on the top. I personally prefer internal mix gravity feed, (a cavity or a cup on the top of the airbrush) or side fed from a bottle is ok. The nozzel should be about 0.2mm - 0.35mm. Makes such as Iwata, Badger, Passch, and Devilbiss are good.

Your compressor should be suitable for use in the UK, or you will have to get a transformer. It should run at aprox 15-30 PSI so you are covered for nails and body. If its got a regulator, thats great, you can control the pressure. Find out the running time. If its a little one it may only run for 30 minutes then need cooling down. If it bigger, then you can get a silent one, with an unlimited running time. These are normally automatic compressors and come with moisture traps and cooling hoses. Still small enough for mobile use though. If you want to go mobile, then ask the weight. You are better off with a piston compressor rather than the old noisy diaphragm compressors. If you want to use air from a can, its ok for an emergency, but def not for long term use.

Prob confused you now, PM your address and i will send you my free booklet on how to choose your equipment if it would help.

Happy New Year! :D

Always ask for a guarentee as you must be careful when buying electrical equipment.[/QUOTE]

Look for a copmpressor that is who's PSI is adjustable right down to 0 for maximum flexibility - this will allow you to do airbrush tanning/make up at 7 - 10psi. I've never come across a small silent compressor - what make did you have in mind? Iwata Smartjet Pro is an excellent choice.

It is a continous run compressor which has 'smart' technology so that it only turns on when you depress the trigger and then turns off when you let it go. It'll run till the cows come home without overheating. (Difficult concept to explain - kind of simillar to an auto shut off compressor but not).

Don't go for anything from US that needs a transformer as UK elctricity tend to fluctuate way too much and you may find it overheats regardless. You may find yourelf waiting for ½hours or so until it cools down enough to start working again - (nightmare if you're airbrushing hands and feet on the same customer).

Always get a system with a moisture trap - its not an option.

Best wishes

Pat

Dear Karen

Just read your message, will send one in the post, hope its not to late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back