Airbrush make up or stick to what I already offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hi,
Im a make up artist/beauty therapist and use vani-t and benefit makeup. I have heard about airbrush makeup quite a bit and have always not been interested in trying it. But having read a bit about it I am slightly curious, although with the cost of the course and kit im not sure if it will be worth it or that popular. I have people come to bridal trials with me, and they seem happy with what I offer already but have said that vani-t/benefit doesnt last amazingly well.
Do you think its worth offering this or stick to what I already do? im not sure if ill make the money back for quite a while! the course and kit with airbase is about £450.

Hi, this is my frost reply! I am a bit of a make-up geek and just spend most of my time reading threads rather than replying!

I trained using the airbase products back in 2010, I wouldn't use anything else for weddings as it does give a flawless look and hides a multitude of sins. Because its airbrush it is hygienic and due to the fine mist it helps prevents clogging pores and sits on the skin rather than penetrating the skin so it suits lots of different skin types, it also stays put all day. The other positive benefit is that you can mix foundation colours in the gun so it matches skin tones and skin colours easily. With regard to the blushes and bronzes - they are fantastic for contouring the face if needed.

I am also aware that airbase is used on a lot of tv shows and in films

I wouldn't be without my airbrush for wedding make-up.

I hope this helps

Rubbish spell check! I meant first reply!

Sorry, with regard to making your money back - it will depend on how often you do weddings and how much you charge. You will be able to charge extra for this service and I found when I first started offering this service clients were happy to pay a premium for it, so I don't bother advertising without it now. Have you checked whether anybody else offers this locally to you and how much they charge? Might be worth researching. If you need any further help, let me know :)

I have been thinking about offering airbrush too , but up in Scotland there is little in way of training all I can see is airbase, but when I speak to professional makeup artists on forums not many use this brand and use the likes of tempu , occ and a few other brands , but can't find any training with them.
I purchased the luminess air about a year ago as I saw it on offer and was really disappointed. So don't want to pay out and be disappointed again.

I have been thinking about offering airbrush too , but up in Scotland there is little in way of training all I can see is airbase, but when I speak to professional makeup artists on forums not many use this brand and use the likes of tempu , occ and a few other brands , but can't find any training with them.
I purchased the luminess air about a year ago as I saw it on offer and was really disappointed. So don't want to pay out and be disappointed again.
Airbase usually offer you a day's free training with the kit. I did it and it's pretty good! If you decide to swap brands, that's fine. You can buy temptu etc and still use it in your airbase gun. Just don't try to mix shades of the waterbased (OCC) foundations with silicone ones (Airbase/Temptu) as they won't mix.

I'm trained in Airbase, their training is good, but I never bought the kit, because I wasn't that impressed with it. I prefer the traditional methods of application. I worked for my friend one day at a wedding, and ended up applying the Airbase foundation with a foundation brush to save time, as changing solutions for each member of the bridal party was time consuming, and time wasn't our friend that day. You would need to be doing a lot of make up to recover the cost of your kit. Just my personal thoughts x

Sorry, with regard to making your money back - it will depend on how often you do weddings and how much you charge. You will be able to charge extra for this service and I found when I first started offering this service clients were happy to pay a premium for it, so I don't bother advertising without it now. Have you checked whether anybody else offers this locally to you and how much they charge? Might be worth researching. If you need any further help, let me know :)

Thanks for all your replies and advice. There is one beauty salon that offers it near me and two mobile therapists near me. I think I may go and have it done on myself to see what it is like, as I am interested in it. But maybe having it done will really help Tx

I'm trained in Airbase, their training is good, but I never bought the kit, because I wasn't that impressed with it. I prefer the traditional methods of application. I worked for my friend one day at a wedding, and ended up applying the Airbase foundation with a foundation brush to save time, as changing solutions for each member of the bridal party was time consuming, and time wasn't our friend that day. You would need to be doing a lot of make up to recover the cost of your kit. Just my personal thoughts x

Yeah your probably right as I have only done 4 makeup trials this year for weddings 3 of them have booked me. But if I do buy the airbrush kit then yes I would need to be getting in a lot more clients. Hmm still not sure what to do if its worth the risk or not.

I trained with airbase, didn't like their products, thought they were very limited and the compressor would not be good enough for a bridal party.
I did my research and found Temptu
The range is amazing and the uk distributor is a lovely lady called Alison
She's based just passed Wolverhampton
Name of her company is impet2us her email is [email protected]
And here is the web site Impet2us - Suppliers of Temptu Pro Airbrush Make-up, mail order, Temptu body art, Embyolisse, Iwata, Temptu airbrush training, UK Distributor
Because her training is 121 and I already knew so much about air guns etc I asked her to teach me camouflage make-up so that I could cover tattoo's & birthmarks, she also has the product line that will do this for 3 to 5 days and is water resistant. We covered one of my daughters tattoo's and the result was amazing.
I can not tell you how impressed I am with the flawless finish, I conceal, apply foundation, blush, highlight, shade, apply eye shadow and cover tattoo's. Weddings and proms are the best promotion for this because you don't need to re-touch at all, even when it goes on at 7am it still looks amazing at midnight and it's the best make-up I've seen for photo's. By the way all the sky sports presenters are wearing Temptu airbrush make-up
Can you tell I'm a fan :D

Hi

I can highly recommend Airbase! It's fantastic!!

Please note Susie in the post above that after working for Sky n visiting the make up room at Sky Sports,that AIRBASE is used everywhere. So sadly you have been mis feed information there. Sorry!

Latest posts

Back