airbrush nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ's World of Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have just done an airbrush nail art course and was really excited about doing my first airbrushed nail art. :D The third person I have done is a gold and black design and I have just spoken to them to find out that after only a day their design is already wearing off at the free edge!!! :( Usually they have free hand nail art that lasts 3 weeks, they are not impressed, either am I! I have used the recommended base coat has anyone else experienced this problem, does anyone have any advise?
Thanks in advance,

Mel xx
:)

Well Hun,
I think you might want to try to top coat it more...............
Use a normal top coat for the first coat, and then a thicker one like Out the Door, as a finish, make sure you take the topcoat right over the edge, so you seal it all round if you know what I mean............
Hope this helps
have fun
love Ruth xxxxxxx

Well Hun,
I think you might want to try to top coat it more...............
Use a normal top coat for the first coat, and then a thicker one like Out the Door, as a finish, make sure you take the topcoat right over the edge, so you seal it all round if you know what I mean............
Hope this helps
have fun
love Ruth xxxxxxx

Hi Mel, was the design you did on natural nails or enhancements? As you probably already know designs don't last as long on natural nails as it would over gel or acrylic. Which top coat are you using? Always use one that is specifically for airbrushing. I always apply one coat, clean up the over spray then apply another, wrapping it around the free edge. Over enhancements I find that it's a good couple of weeks before it starts to wear away at the edge.
Jane

Hi

Thanks for the advice. The airbrush art was done over acrylic nails, I must be honest I didn't use the top coat for airbrushing but was told that as long as the correct base coat was used it would be ok. I will try using 2 topoats, I wasn't sure whether I had not applied enough paint, does it wear like that if the paint is sprayed too thinly?

Thanks

Mel xx :D

You are more likely to have problems if you spray the paint on too thickly, cracking. Airbrush topcoats are very hard wearing, they are inexpensive too. A very good buy is the A/B top coat from Melle at All Things Nails. It's £2 a bottle I think, I use it all the time and never have problems with the design wearing away after such a short time. Hope this helps Mel.

Thanks very much Jane for your advise, I will purchase an airbrush top coat and apply two coats.

Mel xx

Sawadee ka

We have now airbrushed many nail and way work best for no problem is put 1 coat top coat and must dry then one more top coat and lady wait dry before leave your shop .

Kop khun ka mui

Mel,

There's a really good product that Nail Order sell, it's a brush on top coat that cures under UV light (it's not gel) and i find this really protects nail art! It's quite cheap, only £3 or so :)

Thanks Claire I will look into that. Although I must admit with all the mess the airbrush causes and the teething problems :mad: I was having I keep talking my customers out of having it. To be quite honest they prefer the hand painted ones but when you get something new its a bit novel at first so they all tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back