Airbrush nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazza!

Reaction score
Hi

Wonder if you can help.

I am thinking about adding Airbrush Nail art to my list of treatments however just wondered if its popular and also where do i start in looking for the right Airbrush Gun etc, do i need a compressor??? and where is the best place to buy from

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks K x

If you want to offer this service it will mean a hefty investment. Of course you will need a compressor and one that will run at least 3 air brushes to save all the cleaning for a speedy service.

Airbrushing will be as popular as you make it. You will use it mostly for French manicures so you need to figure out how much you will be asked for it and if it will pay you back as quickly as you want it to.

Frankly, with Shellac and an instantly dry French in very little time I myself would not invest at this time in airbrushing. I would invest in Shellac; people are asking for it and no one asks for Airbrushing (in our salon). We have it if people ask and we are good at it but Shellac is the most asked for service at the moment where we are.

If you want to offer this service it will mean a hefty investment. Of course you will need a compressor and one that will run at least 3 air brushes to save all the cleaning for a speedy service.

Airbrushing will be as popular as you make it. You will use it mostly for French manicures so you need to figure out how much you will be asked for it and if it will pay you back as quickly as you want it to.

Frankly, with Shellac and an instantly dry French in very little time I myself would not invest at this time in airbrushing. I would invest in Shellac; people are asking for it and no one asks for Airbrushing (in our salon). We have it if people ask and we are good at it but Shellac is the most asked for service at the moment where we are.

Geeg, I have a quick question for you, can I do the foundation in shellac then airbrush the tip and then use shellac top coat.

Many thanks in advance

Geeg, I have a quick question for you, can I do the foundation in shellac then airbrush the tip and then use shellac top coat.

Many thanks in advance
Yes, you could. It would be no different than doing some ail art with acrylic paint on top of Shellac.

Yes, you could. It would be no different than doing some ail art with acrylic paint on top of Shellac.

Thanks geeg

I just did an nail art airbrushing course at college. Although i enjoyed it, and it is another qualification and service to offer. For me it just seems too much hassle and investment for something i don't think i will get the call for.
But it is another skill to have.

My husband is very into Art and is great at drawing. It's his birthday next week and so I've just bought him an airbrush kit including compressor for his gift, as he's been harping on about getting one as he wants to learn how to do art using this. He is over the moon and so excited as it arrived today.......

......And now I am excited too, as I have just seen I can use it for nails, then came across this thread where I now know I can use it with Shellac :D hahahahaha, it might go missing into my salon now....... :wink2:

My husband is very into Art and is great at drawing. It's his birthday next week and so I've just bought him an airbrush kit including compressor for his gift, as he's been harping on about getting one as he wants to learn how to do art using this. He is over the moon and so excited as it arrived today.......

......And now I am excited too, as I have just seen I can use it for nails, then came across this thread where I now know I can use it with Shellac :D hahahahaha, it might go missing into my salon now....... :wink2:

You will be able to get very similar results with additives now and no need for equipment. lol

You will be able to get very similar results with additives now and no need for equipment. lol

Oh well, he may get to keep his present after all then :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I did airbrushing at college, really wanted to do it.

Now I've done it, its just too much hassle!! Cleaning gun, changing paint.

And I didn't reckon much to the nail art. Konad much neater..

Latest posts

Back