airbrush paints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisondenn

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can thin out airbrush paints. I have too much fun airbrush paints and cant seem to get on with them, they seem too thick!! They are water based so do you think i could thin them out with a little water!!

I found creation paints really think and my gun was forever getting blocked up, i use media paint now and find it alot thinner and it sprays like silk.

Which airgun do you use, i'm using olympus hp-8 and it is forever clogging up!! I've been told this gun is not suitable for nails.

Hi Alison,

Too Much Fun paints are (in my opinion) the thinnest on the market for airbrushing. The problem is probably with your airbrush - I have two of the Olympos HP-8 and hate them! I get all sorts of problems with them so I ust use my Iwata HP-B or Badger 100SG - both these airbrushes are wonderful.

The Olympos is sold by Too Much Fun specifically for nail art, but I just find it too fiddly. If you can, change your airbrush (preferably to the Iwata) and you'll see a huge difference.

Have you had training or are you just trying to teach yourself? I can't stress enough how important it is to get some proper training, if you don't and continue with the problems, your equipment will probably end up in a corner somewhere not being used, which would be such a waste. :cry:

sawasdee ka

We have 1 compressor and 2 air brush we have nail creation paint from england and if you do not put water with them they are no good if you test you will know how to make the airbrush paint very good .

Thank you mui

vicky said:
I found creation paints really think and my gun was forever getting blocked up, i use media paint now and find it alot thinner and it sprays like silk.

I agree with JackieMc, TMF are the thinnest, most watery a/b paints I've used, I like them though. Although my favourites are Createx and Medea. Createx are the thickest, much thicker that TMF. I'd also say that the problem lies with your gun. Not used the Olympus myself, have used Aztek, Focus, Badger and Iwata. The Badger is probably my favourite for ease of use and value for money.

aloha all - i am in search of an HP-8 (olympos) Airbrush and i see here that many of you do NOT like them = i LOVE them. please get back to me!
[email protected] thank you so much

mal

Hi Mal - I've sent you an email! :)

Jackie

Latest posts

Back