AIRBRUSH TANNING

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Morris

Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone out there do Airbrush Tanning???

I trained in Airbrush Tanning about 2 weeks, so far I have only done a couple of clients and all seem very pleased so far.

I am using Su-Do products at the moment. I have done a couple of tans on myself each a couple of days apart. But now about 4 days after the last time I sprayed myself my skin is looking very snakeskin like and looks horrible.

Is this just my skin?? or is there an after tan lotion or anything that I can use to help prevent this. Cos as we all now one of the best means of advertising is wearing it yourself and at the moment my tan is not much of an advert.

Or are there any other Airbrush tanning products that people prefer??

Sorry for all the questions!!

Thanx guys

?

hi i use su do aswell and i was told only to do a few tops up as it does go snake like after a while.......how many top ups have u done? i love the su do....not keen on st tropez as it streaks...there is also fantasy tan and dinair...but perserve with it...phone up the lady that trained u...
im having probs with my nail art airbrushing at the mo, god its a nitemare...have u done the nail art airbrushing? vicky

Hi Vicky

How many tans were you advised to do?? and after the first session how long were you advised to leave it before a top up??

What do you do if you have a client that wants to keep a tan up for a couple of months? therefore booking weekly or fornightly appointments - can this be done?

No I have not done any airbrush nail art yet, thats definately next on my list. Do you know a good reasonable place to train?

?

Are you not told to moisturise and exfoliate regularly to keep the tan from snaking?
I don`t do airbrush tanning but I wouldn`t have thought it much different to hands on tan, and that you can do every few days. I use St. Tropez and I have to say it has never streaked for me, if it goes streaky then it must have been applied streaky, after all you can see where you`re going with it unlike others that are a white cream.

hi ya....i guess everyone has a preference...everyone raves st tropes coz its a big name...i saw creative educators teaching su do a few weeks ago so it must be good for creative to promote it!!! ive never had a st tropez spray tan so i cant speak from experience just going off what ive been told...Vicky

nailtiqe said:
i saw creative educators teaching su do a few weeks ago so it must be good for creative to promote it!!!

Those few Ambassadors that do Spray Tanning seem to like Su Do but I need to clarify that 'Creative' or 'Designer Nails' DO NOT promote Su Do, in fact we have no contractual agreement with them at all, just a preference from those few Ambassadors!! Please all, don't think I am being pedantic but sometimes I have to stress these things for legal reasons (it sucks I know but at least I have been politically correct :rolleyes: )!!

Sorry Vicky, I sounded as if I got on my high horse then about St. Tropez, didn`t mean to.
I love the product and the training is good too. I have tried others and didnt like them.
I also have had a few spray tans and didnt like them at all, not even St, Tropez spray, forgive me

Sorry Vicky, I sounded as if I got on my high horse then about St. Tropez, didn`t mean to.
I love the product and the training is good too. I have tried others and didnt like them.
I also have had a few spray tans and didnt like them at all, not even St, Tropez spray, forgive me

[

I
am using Su-Do products at the moment. I have done a couple of tans on myself each a couple of days apart. But now about 4 days after the last time I sprayed myself my skin is looking very snakeskin like and looks horrible.

When you use the tan you need to make sure that you moisturise every day, and after about 4 days lightly exfoliate. This will not remove all the tan but will even it out again. Su -Do are bringing out a range of moisturisers, exfoliators and extra tan products in the near future justask the person who trained you for more info.
Debbie

:?

Thanx for the replies girls. I moisturise morning and night every day after the tan was applied, and I exfoliated after 3/4 days but this still caused the snakeskin look.

Prior to this happening there was no streaks or blotches so I know that the time was applied evenly.

Maybe its just my skins cos this happened after a few days when I used to use St Tropaz mousse.

)

Hi Stephanie,

I do airbrush tanning and touch up my tan weekly and do not get snake skin. The reason's that snake skin happens is because the product is being applied too heavily or too often, dry skin, or bad product. I would contact my rep and talk to him/her. I have never tried Su-Do so I dont have an opinion about their product. Why dont you check out this message board too it is awesome. Good Luck.

http://www.sunless.com/phorum/

Hi Suzanne

Thank you for your reply. What product do you use??

Do you use any after tan treatments or tan extenders??

Also if you do an first appointment, how long would you recommend a client to wait for a top up tan??

Thanx
Steph

Hi Stephanie,

I am using Biddiscombe right now. Other products that I have tried and liked are Fab Tan, and just got a sample of Breeze that I like too and it is a really good price.

We sell a LOT of Revive plus the Biddiscombe tan extender....it is a good product and can be used by clients that just want a little extra color even if they are not airbrush tanning. We sell it to our tanning bed clients too.

As to how often someone should come in it all depends on their skin....drier skin like mine, I like to re-spray every 4 or 5 days, but some people keep the tan for longer. We charge 35.00 for a full body tan and if they come back within 7 days the next one is 20.00. The other deal is after the 3rd spray the 4th is 1/2 price.

Hope I have helped.

Hi Stephanie

I have just recently purchased Su-Du airbrush tanning system and think its fantastic. I currently offer St Tropez bodytan or Su-du airbrush but think Su-du is a richer more naturel looking tan (also much easier and quicker to apply). I have a couple of customers who have a top-up tan every 5-7 days, and have had nothing but positive feed back from all my customers. I have struggled applying a tan to myself, so have had to 'sweet talk' my husband!!!
Stick with it, like you said your customers all seem to like it.

Mel x
:D

hi, im doing the su do too, a su do rep applied it to my nearly sister in law and it was fab, i was really really impressed...
ive too heard its beta than st tropez...more natural looking...
how many do u do a week? do u work in a salon or r u mobile? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back