Airbrushing Mess..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi peeps wondered if anyone could help me, i decided to have a taster of airbrushing but didnt want to spend loads of money in case it wasnt for me, so bought an air cannister airbrusher rather than the compressors just to give it a go, anyway tried it yesterday and i got more over my hands and everywhere else than on the nail is this normal ;) ? also i tried it on myself but again found it was all over my nail and the finger that i had worked on, i know i should really take an airbrush course but will do that as soon as i can avoid to only spent so much money on courses at the mo, so any pointers on how to spray the nail and not the walls, floor and everything else that may be around would be greatly appreciated

Hi Kelly,

it all depends on what you bought - did you buy an airbrush for doing nails or one for spray painting cars LOL.

You need to learn about correct pressures, trigger control, types of paint etc. If you really cannot afford to go on a course then there are some good videos out there which will help you - the essential Nails one is good and it only costs about £30 (I think).

I hope you can get the paint off the walls LOL.

Sorry Kelly - I had to laugh at the thougt of you having such fun! I can't wait to get into all that airbrushing mallarky but at least I have been warned about what to expect!

Sounds like you had fun Kelly! :lol:
Don't let this experience put you off. You do need the right equipment. As Fiona said there are basic things you need to learn about that will make the application of airbrush nail art easy and fun. I have tried air in a can but found it to be temperamental, it's not designed for long use, it freezes and then you have to stand it in warm water, too much of a pain.
There are some relatively inexpensive airbrush nail art courses available that yoy can do and the equipment is provided for you on the day.
I'm not entirely sure but I think Melle at All Things Nails has this type of course, you could check it out at http://www.allthingsnails.co.uk

finally finished scrubbing paint off everything lol!!!!! i think i will get a video, i only really wanted to do airbrushing for the french manicure side of it not really for constant use because i love my freehand nail art, when i ordered the airbrush the person i spoke to did say it is used for airbrushing nails. I just wondered if anybody else experienced it and if there was a trick to prevent it going all over the hands!! x

Kelly, it is all in the trigger action - you want the paint to come out very slowly and instantly dry on the nail - if you can see the paint coming out then you are way too fast on the trigger.

Hi Kelly

I've got an airbrush video for sale if you're interested. It teaches you the basics ...how to clean the airbrush, blending colours, doing stencils, etc.
If you're interested, you can PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back