Airbrushing - nails and tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffirez

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would love to offer airbrushing in the salon - for nails and tanning. Could anyone recommend good products and courses. I need to keep my start up costs as low as poss as my credit card is groaning! :oops: Do you find you get a lot of business for airbrushing? I live in a small town and we are about 2 decades behind everyone else :rolleyes: , so I'm determined to drag everyone into the 21st century!! but I just want to know how popular you find these services to be with your customers. Thanx!

hi, i was at creative in manchester yesterday and 1 of the creative educators is also a su do educator and she was teaching airbrush tanning and body art........it is lovely su do, i have done the su do nail art, today i had a su do rep come and show me the tanning and it is gorgeous.......i was really impressed.....it looks really natural and smells lovely........
go to the su-do.com website and email them for some info, they will even get a rep out to give u a demo if u want.......they r really good.......
creative do nail art airbrush training and use the iwata i believe....vicky

Do you find you get a lot of business for airbrushing? I live in a small town and we are about 2 decades behind everyone else , so I'm determined to drag everyone into the 21st century!! but I just want to know how popular you find these services to be with your customers.

Hiya

I live in a small village, about 25 mins from Ipswich/Colchester/bury St Edmunds and would suggest you think before you start laying out a substantial amount of money. Are you going to make a decent return. In the 3 1/2 years I have been a tek I have had about 4 people ask me whether I do airbrushing - strangely enough I don't!! Now some people might think this is shortsighted of me, but I do offer freehand nail art which everybody comments about, but few people actually request :? If I lived in a town and the demand was there I would have no hesitation investing in an airbrush system and appropriate training, but for the time being it just really is not worth my while.

Do a bit of market research in your area, what areas and type of client do you attract and what age group? If you do invest are you going to get the revenue?

What ever you decide, Good luck
Adele

Hi Saffirez

I am just about to do an Airbrush tanning training course next week. I have found a girl who lives about 40 minutes from me who trains with SU DU products. She is much cheaper for the equipment and the training than anyone else I have found.

I will let you know how I get on, the compressor is the most expensive part but after you have that you can use different airbrushes on it..

After I have done this I am definately going to do an Airbrush Nail Art course.

I would recommend doing some market research in your area first before you make your decision. But at the same time airbrush tanning is becoming more and more popular which is why I wanted to offer the service quickly before it pops up everywhere.

Have you recently opened your own salon??

Good luck
Stephx

hi which su do compressor r u getting? i got the pro2000 but the rep told me to upgrade to the 5000.......she did her demo with the 2000 so i dont know if i should upgrade till i know its going to do well.........vicky

Hi

I have ordered my compressor from Granthans I was told my the girl who is training me that they are much better value there. Ive got a Simair Sparmax Gold and its cost £169.95.

I brought the kit individually the airbrush I got from Airbrush Body Art in Manchester and have got the Hobby AirBrush Kit.

Its the tanning liquid I have ordered from SuDu.

8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back