Airbrushing question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jennie NE

Reaction score
What are the bare neccessities it gettng into airbrushing? Looking at some of these systems are very expensive. Surely there has to be a more inexpensive way to do this. What do I need to get started? :eyesore:

hi jeannie,
i am doing the essential nails home learn airbrushing course i looked around for other starter airbrush kits and found i got better value for money with this one it is £399 and includes
airbrush compressor and cleaning brushes, cleaning fluid
starter bottles af air brush paint and varnish,
nail trainer hand with airbrush tips.
stencils top coat base coat. paper towels and wipes toothbrush and finger rest.
you get all the instruction manual progress cards and a great airbrushing book also a step by step guide from gina wallace on airbrushing.
you can also get assessed and a certificate if you pass the course.
the good thing is you can pay in 4 installments.
i think the whole package is a bargain for the price.
if you need help phone essential nails they are really helpfull.
2 sites to vist ginawallace.com and essentialnails.co.uk
hope this helps
jo

Hi, poor Joanne - after such a lovely detailed post, I don't think she has realised you are in Nebraska (NE to us could be the North East of England :oops: )...anyway, we used to distribute Aztek airbrushes, pencils and paints. To be honest it was the best system we ever used but it was a nightmare to bring in to the UK... Why don't you try giving them a call..we also teamed up with Elizabeth Anthony years ago (she actually endorsed the Aztek Airbrush); she is BRILLIANT at airbrushing and still runs courses; maybe check Nails or nailpro or your local distributor! Essential Nails do not distribute in the US!! Hope this helps! ;)

Bare bones is an airbrush and compressor and some paints. On your compressor you will want to have a moisture trap and regulator and auto shut off. I was on the Badger website last week and they have an nice ThayerChandler compressor on sale for 150.00 comes with everything. My favorite place to order from is BearAir because they have such awesome customer service. They have the intruder compressor for $179 also comes with the moisture trap and regulator. I use a Vega 1000 for nails and a Vega 2000 for airbrush tanning, I love them both. I recommend that you get an airbrush that can be fit with a 3mm needle, that way you wont have a major problem with paint clogging your tip. These are just some products that I know and like, you know personal opinion, there are many others to choose from. Do you think you might start airbrush tanning in the future? We make a lot of money from airbrush tanning and the lotion that is used to prolong that tan at our salon. If I can help you out just let me know. Good luck and happy airbrushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back