Airbrushing tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have recently brought an airbrush i did a free one day course yonks ago before i did any nail training so i can really remember what i was taught! LoL

Anyho i've been practcing with my stencils and i keep smudging them any tips?

I read a post where someone was asking for tips and was told to get used to the airbrush i've had a go at the tips on there now i wanna move on i've done a few how do i load pictures onto my gallery?

Make sure your stencils are on nice and snug before you start airbrushing to stop the paint shooting underneath and smudging. I hold the stencil on with my thumb and forefinger and hook the little finger of that hand on the back of the stencil. This lifts the back slightly and tilts the stencil forward giving a snug fit.
Also spray gently and build the colour up to avoid the paint settling 'wet'. If it goes on wet then just apply the air from your airbrush gun to dry the paint before you remove the stencil.

Hope this helps

Thanks i'll let you know how i get on.

As Saffi says, you need to build the colour up in layers - the most important thing in airbrushing is learning to spray 'dry' which means the paint is dry when it hits the nail. If you spray out too much paint then it will just flood the nail and you will get smudges.

Keep the stencil as flat as possible to the nail (without scratching the paint) and try spraying from directly above the stencil, this will help stop the paint going under any 'loose' bits of stencils.

Try using pre cut design masks - you can get them from www.netnails.net - they stick to the nail while you are spraying and you get lovely sharp outlines from your nail art.

Well i've tried again and it's a bit better but not perfect i'm sure it will come with practice.

Can you stick the stencil to the nail i've heard of a spray (don't know if i've got the wrong end of the stick!)

Does anyone know where i can get it from?

Latest posts

Back